CHAPTER 6

It was six in the morning and who would know that better than Carlisia, who had spent her entire night staring at the clock.
She couldn’t process what had happened, even though it was very clear,
Four gigantic wolves killed an armed man.
But she didn’t know what to do. She was scared. Very very scared and it didn’t help that today was going to be her first day of school.
Elijah and Ruben had never returned home last night, there was nothing heard from them, or if there was, her mom and Ben hadn’t bothered to tell her.
She felt hurt how she was being left out, it wasn’t fair and it certainly wasn’t going to be ok if she was to spend the next two years of her life here, with all this secrecy.
She got out of bed rather tiredly and made her way back to the window as she stared outside, Looking at the rising summer sun.
It looked glorious but she was too tired to acknowledge its beauty. To her the sight of the sun did feel comfortable though.
She went back to the bed lying down and taking a deep breath.
She hoped that there would at least be a headline, or a murder report in the newspaper, giving her some explanation on who that man was.
She stared at the ceiling for a few before finally getting up and going to her closet, grabbing out a pair of jeans, floral top and matching cardigan along with a pair of sandals.
Sighing she made her way to the bathroom, filling the bath tub with cold water before lying in, after stripping from her clothes.
She moaned as she dipped in the water, her tiredness completely washing away. She removed her band aid and had taken out a pair of fingerless gloves to cover the wrist braces.
She didn’t want to be a freak on the first day of her school.
She stayed in the water rubbing soap all over her body and massaging shampoo to her hair, multiple times for approximately an hour, before grabbing a towel and coming out, changing into her clothes.
She went to the mirror and looked at herself, she looked okay, and the same she was. Not having a single night’s sleep can’t change a person’s appearance, even though it could make a person feel horrible.
She quickly grabbed her dryer and blow dried her hair before putting it into a messy bun, letting a few strand of hair fall on her face.
A yawn escaped her lips while she made her bed.
She was beyond sleepy and could already imagine herself sleeping on her bed as soon as she came home.
Grabbing her bag she makes her way downstairs to the source of voices in the kitchen, upon entering she saw her mom and Ben talking in hushed voices but as soon as she came in they quietend,
“Morning Carly, Sleep well?” Ben asks her and she just nods, lying and giving him a friendly smile.
“Good Morning.” She says.
“Morning darling. What would you like for breakfast? I came to check up on you but you were already awake.” She says, her back to her as she poured some coffee in a mug, placing it in front of Ben who was dressed in a suit eating his food, but the thing that caught Carlisia’s attention was the newspaper by his side.
“So, what would you like for breakfast?” her mother asks her wiping her hand on a towel.
“Granola bar would do.” Carlisia replies carelessly her eyes still on the paper.
“Nonsense, you should eat a bit healthier! How about eggs?” Her mother says and Carlisia just nods as she sits at the table, in front of Ben, who was busy in looking at the TV screen behind her.
“Umm, Can I see that?” Carlisia asks him as he looks up at her finger pointing at the newspaper.
“Sure.” He replies handing her the newspaper, watching her hurriedly opening it and looking through the headlines, finding what she needed but to her surprise, there wasn’t a single thing about the incident last night.
“Are you looking for something specific?” Ben asks and Carlisia thinks before shaking her head and laughing a bit nervously.
“No, just having an overview.” She says causing Ben to chuckle before saying,
“So where are Ruben and Elijah? I didn’t hear them come in last night.” She says and watches him stiffen.
“They decided to stay the night at a friend’s house.”
She just nods as her mother places a plate of eggs in front of her.
As soon as breakfast had ended she and Ben had gotten up, going to his car, after both her mother and Ben had insisted on him dropping her to school on his way.
She sat in Ben’s white Chevrolet Camaro Coupe looking out of the window at her mother and Ben as they kissed each other. Ben made his way to the car,  fastening his seat belt before zooming out of the driveway as her mother waved.
The car was in an awkward silence, making her inwardly sigh with relief as soon as her cell phone began buzzing.
She quickly took it out of her pocket and receiving the call after seeing the name popping on the screen.
“Hey Zane.” She says peeking a look at Ben who drove.
“Hi girly. So watcha doin?” Zane asks and Carlisia smiles.
“Nothing. Going to school.” She says and Zane smiles knowing her nervousness.
“First day?” He asks
“Yeah. Let’s forget that. How about you? How are you?” Carlisia says quickly, not wanting to talk about dreaded school.
“I’m great. Won the football match today.” He says.
“That’s awesome! I’m so happy for you. I wish I could have been there.” She says.
“Me too.”  Zane replies as he yawns.
“You sleepy?” Carlisia asks, hearing Zane laugh a bit.
“Yeah, its midnight here.” He replies and her eyes widen.
“Wow. Go to sleep. Good night.” She says and Zane chuckles.
“Good night baby girl.” He replies before the call ends.
Carlisia locks the screen of the i-phone, before putting it back into her pocket looking up at Ben who was driving but with a goofy expression now.
 “So, that your boyfriend?” He asks curiously causing Carlisia to choke on her spit before bursting out laughing.
After she calms down a bit she finally replies, “No. Never in a billion years. Zane’s my best friend since birth.”
“Oh. Sorry, I just thought…” He says trailing off and Carlisia shook her head.
“It’s okay.” She replies chuckling a bit and finally notices that the car had came to a halt in front of a large and wide red brick and glass building.
“Were here.” Ben says and Carlisia nods as her eyes travel outside at the parking lot looking at teenagers talking or goofing around.
Her eyes travelled to the letters at the top of the large building.
 Ashton High School
The name was pretty boring but nonetheless this as going to be the place where she would start her junior year.
She grabbed the strap of her bag and opened the door of the car, already feeling stares on her.
“Thank you for the ride.”Carlisia says to Ben who smiles at her.
“Your welcome. Elijah and Ruben will drive you home with them, alright?” He asks and she nods, getting out and slamming the door shut as he drives away.
She takes a deep breath and gives herself a short pep talk.
Your okay. You’ll be just fine.
With that she turns around but as soon as she does, the little confidence she had built had faded away.
There was pin drop silence and everyone was staring at her making her feel small underneath their gazes.
Some of them were pointing at her direction, whispering.
How rude!
She took a deep breath and starts making her way to the entrance keeping her head held high, trying to make out the words the people around her were whispering.
Even though their voices were low she did made out a single sentence leaving her in confusion,
“She’s the new girl. Human.” 
“She is damn hot.”
“Alpha Gabriel is going to be teaching here to keep an eye on her. I don’t know why she’s so special. He never bothered with another human.”
What the hell did that mean?
Ignoring them she goes in, only to be greeted with more stares. She nervously glanced at the people, who were staring at her as if she was an alien.
Her breathing quickened as she began to feel very small again, her eyes travelling from one corner to another as everyone gave her glances, whispering and pointing.
Finally her eyes landed at a familiar head of platinum blonde hair, making her heart fill with joy.
Ruben was talking to someone on his phone with his back to Carlisia, who happily rushed towards him.
“Hey, Ruben!” She says in her normal soft voice as soon as she was near but as soon as he turned around she stopped dead in her tracks, her breathing caught in her throat.
What the hell!?