CHAPTER 4

Gabriel rang the bell once again, impatiently tapping his foot and looking at his watch. He was a busy man but never too busy for his beautiful mate, who knew nothing about him making chuckle darkly.
As soon as the door opened he barged in not hesitating for a moment causing Ruben to raise his eyebrows.
“Is there anything you need Alpha?” Ruben asks and he looks at him.
“No. I’m here to check up on her.” Gabriel replies taking a deep breath, letting his mates intoxicating scent fill his senses.
“I don’t think that’s a good idea. She is unpacking and she doesn’t remember anything that happened last night, so she doesn’t know who you are. I suggest we keep it that way for some time.” Ruben says and Gabriel lowly growled.
“How dare you ask me to stay away from my mate!” He says furious and Ruben just takes a deep breath,
“She would get scared.” Ruben replies even though he wanted to add a few curse words in the sentence from frustration but he could never dare, at least not in front of his Alpha.
Gabriel completely ignores him and makes his way up the flight of stairs following her scent. In seconds he is standing in front of a door that was practically radiating Carlisia’s scent.
He lightly knocks on the door, which he never did to be honest, but he wanted to come off kind and sweet after this encounter, which would be a first.
He knocked once more but didn’t get a response. Slowly he opens the door and stepping in looking through the room, which he had examined last night as well. The only difference now was that two of her suitcases were open and a few clothes here and there, but where was his dear mate.
His eyes scanned the unmade bed and then they landed on a figure on the floor lightly snoring, while leaning against the wall. She was holding what seemed like a dress in her hand as she slept.
His eyes softened as he looked at her and a small smile made its way on his lips as they land on her slippers, fuzzy bunny slippers, so cute.
She looked like a kitten.
His cute little innocent kitten.
He made his way towards her oblivious that she was a light sleeper. Slowly walking towards her, he steps on something, making a large squeaky noise through the room.
Gabriel curses under his breath, just as Carlisia’s eyes open with a jolt and she frantically looks through her room.
Just as her eyes land on Gabriel she opens her mouth, and before Gabriel could do anything, she screams, loudly.
Elijah rushes to her room along with Ruben and shakes his head as he sees Gabriel gripping his hair, in frustration.
“Why is this person in my room?” Carlisia asks Elijah looking at Gabriel once who looked like he could kill someone.
Elijah looks at Ruben who glares and tilts his head a bit towards Gabriel.
“Umm…. Carly this is Alpha- I mean Mr. Kane. He was there at our house when you fell and umm… he helped you. So he was here to check up on you.” Elijah says unsure but Carlisia was too much shaken up to notice.
“I-Is he a doctor?” She asks and before Elijah can answer Ruben does.
“Umm. Yes, he’s a doctor and was checking up on you.” Ruben says giving Carlisia a smile and Carlisia looks at the person, who her stepbrother’s claimed to be a doctor.
She looked at his gauges then at his snake bites, and then her eyes traveled to his exposed arms which were completely tattooed till the knuckles.
He didn’t look like a doctor; honestly he looked like gangster but something seemed familiar about him.
Her eyes finally leave him then travel to her step brothers,
“Are you sure?” She asks them and they nod quickly.
She takes a deep breath and gets up from the corner, where she was huddled scared and looks at Gabriel.
“Well, I’m completely fine.” Carlisia says and Gabriel raises his eyebrows.
She didn’t want to be anywhere near this person. He looked scary and no doubt she had a good reason to be scared of him.
“I’ll believe that after I have checked you properly.” Gabriel says, taking advantage of the lie Ruben and Elijah had came up at the very spot.
Carlisia stiffened at the edge in his voice, scared, nods.
Gabriel makes his way towards her and she steps back, but then stops taking a deep breath.
Both of their eyes meet as Gabriel moves towards her but this time she doesn’t move away as he grabs her hand and undoes the wrist brace, checking her bruised wrists and putting them back on.
He does the same with her head, all the while, his wolf howling with pleasure at the sensation of touching her.
Carlisia uncomfortably looks over at Elijah and Ruben who were talking to each other in hushed voices, not noticing her.
“You’re okay and the brace will be off soon.” He says and leans in as if about to kiss her.
She looks at his eyes and they were bright yellow, causing her eyes to widen but he stops halfway through, much to her happiness.
Her eyes travel to Ruben and Elijah who smiled at her, as if this was completely normal and left her there.
“I’ll see you later Carlisia.” Is all he says, but it didn’t seem like it was his voice, as he leaves the room abruptly.
She stood there stunned for a few minutes then shook her head getting back to herself.
Her feet carried her to her window and she looked out at the forest that was shining underneath the scorching 11:00 am sun.
Something didn’t seem right.
This guy wasn’t a doctor. She was sure of that and she could swear his eyes changed color.
Why would Ruben and Elijah lie to her?
Something was off about this place. And she was going to find out but until then she hoped  she didn’t encounter the scary, tattooed Gabriel Kane. Ever.