CHAPTER 23

Gabriel slammed the door shut and double locked it while keeping a firm grip on Carlisia as she full on sobbed at the sound of the locks turnings.
“Please I-” She begins to say but is cut off by Gabriel’s piercing yellow eyes as he clamps his hand back on her mouth causing her to scream into it.
He ignores her squirming and screaming as he walks her to the sofa gently letting her go only for her to fall down sobbing on it.
Carlisia covers her face with her hands and uncontrollably sobs while bringing her knees closer to her chest when the realization of what she was wearing comes into her mind causing her to sob even louder.
She was lucky that the walls were soundproof.
Gabriel sighs and leans his back at the desk behind him as he looks at the girl sobbing uncontrollably in front of him.  Not taking it he closes his eyes and tilts his head back listening to her cries.
She looked so defenseless, in so much pain that it made him wonder if he had been too rough with her.
Sympathy begins to well up in his heart as he hears her sobs even after fifteen minutes go by when suddenly she stops and begins taking deep breaths to calm down her hysteria.
Gabriel opens his eyes to find her staring at him with hope. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face was paler than usual with her cheeks wet from tears which continued to ever flow.
“I…. j-j-just…” She begins to say but is cut off by her quivering lip and shaking as she takes another deep breath and starts again as Gabriel looks at her with a straight face his arms folded over his broad chest.
“I-I… w-want t-to…” But she gets cut off with her hysteria again and a sob escapes her lips as more tears fall from her eyes.
“H-home.” She stutters as she tries to control her breathing.
“P-please. Take. M-me. H-h-home.” She says looking at him while continuously shaking hugging herself tighter in an attempt to control her sobs.
Gabriel sighs and looks at the floor.
“P-please” She says and her voice begins to quiver as silent tears fall down her face. She must have looked like a wreck.
Gabriel gives her another glance and his heart begins to twist. He was the one causing her this pain. His beautiful little mate was hurt because of him but this was good for her.
If she was to be alone even for a second outside his care they would find her and use her against him. And he could not let that happen but the sound of her cries were too much for him. He wanted to make her happy. Make her his but she wasn’t even willing to accept what he was.
Not taking it anymore he goes behind his desk to the mini fridge and grabs a water bottle with the top sealed so she doesn’t think he did anything to it.
Grabbing the cool bottle in his hands he looks at Carlisia who looked as if she would die any moment now.
Taking a deep breath he silently moves towards her with her watching his every movement. Just as he begins to come near her she pushes herself into the sofa and more tears began to stream down her cheeks just as she takes a sharp intake of breath but Gabriel was going to back down either.
Carlisia closes her eyes shut as she feels him coming closer and closer.
Maybe he was going to hit her?
Carlisia’s breathing stopped just as Gabriel crouched in front of her and gently took her hand but quickly placed the bottle and let go when she began to shake uncontrollably.
He didn’t want her to faint again.
Carlisia opened her eyes at the feeling of the cold water bottle in her hand and looked at it confused before pushing it away from her and looking at Gabriel who was massaging his temples his eyes flickering from gold to his original baby blue.
“It’s water and I swear I didn’t do anything to it.” He says and Carlisia doesn’t utter a word as she just stares at him.
She was getting tired by the second and if he tried anything she would faint. Lucky for her, her breathing had come into check but the silent tears still flowed.
“I’m fine.” She whispers her throat dry causing Gabriel to clench and unclench his jaw at her discomfort.
Might as well get this over with.
“Look, Carlisia I know you are overwhelmed with fear right now but you must understand that I cannot let you go back home.” Gabriel says and Carlisia’s expression doesn’t change.
“Why?” She whispers as another tear falls down her cheek.
“We’re under attack and you seem to be a person of interest to them. Lets just say its for your own safety. Your mother has been informed of the situation and so has Ben. You will be staying here for the next few days or so until the threat is completely gone.” Gabriel says professionally building up the semi lie.
“There must be a mistake. I’m a mere human. I’m not supposed to be into this.” She says and Gabriel looks at her with amusement.
“Well. Anyone who comes into my territory is my responsibility and after all the extreme events, this is necessary.” Gabriel says and Carlisia looks straight into his eyes.
“Then let me go back to Australia.” She says and Gabriel’s eyes flickered gold as he clenched his hand into fist.
“You are not leaving and that is final!” Gabriel’s says and his voice booms across the room causing Carlisia to jump as she looked at him.
His eyes were piercing into her. The gold irises seemed anything but inviting.
“You are not leaving this place ever.” The voice says but it wasn’t Gabriel anymore, this was a whole different side of him as he stalked towards her and Carlisia screamed scrambling away from him but he grabs her upper arm causing her stand up.
Carlisia begins to sob as he lifts her from her arm up to his level. Her feet barely touching the ground and her legs very much exposed. She closes her eyes shut as she tries to get her arm out of his grip. But it tightens causing her to sob louder.
“Look. At. Me.” The voice seethes and Carlisia sobs not turning her head.
“Please let me-” She begins to say but Gabriel tightens his grip on her arm.
“I said, Look at me!” He says and his claws extend into her arm causing her to let out an ear piercing scream but he doesn’t let go.
Carlisia was screaming at the top of her lungs because of the pain but it was like Gabriel didn’t care. His wolf was out of control because of her defiance.
He grabs her jaw with his other hand and tilts it towards his face as she sobbed.
“Open them.” He says and his claw caresses the side of her eyes causing her to open them from fear.
She didn’t want his claw in her eyes next.
He stared into her eyes which were nothing but bleeding red because of her tears but Gabriel’s wolf was too angry.
That wasn’t too hard was it?” He seethes, letting her go and watches as her body drops on the floor.
Carlisia screams as his claws get out of her arm and Gabriel grabs her throat.
“Shut .up.” He says glaring at her as she tried to breathe. She was feeling light headed as the blood gushed out of her upper arm not to mention the amount of force Gabriel was putting on her throat.
“Please……..” Carlisia queezed as she felt the life being drained out of her.
Maybe this was it. Death was presenting itself to her. But where was the flashback they say you have before you die? Where was the relief? The relaxation?
She felt nothing but excruciating pain as no oxygen went into her lungs and her blood mercilessly left her body.
Carlisia looked at Gabriel one last time with teary eyes before her eyes rolled inside her head and her body went limp.