• Gajeel x reader •

This was different.

This feeling was different, new. It was a change.. A change that you didn't like. You have never felt this way before, this feeling of hopelessness - especially in the presence of Gajeel, but dear Mavis, things weren't looking up for you. You were stuck, locked in. There wasn't any getting out of the strange claustrophobic cell you were in. Gajeels been trying to break through the wall but even with the amount of strength he holds..... the walls begin to move closer to you. Your heavy heart beats repeatedly pummeling in your ears.

It was very unlike you to cry, nothing could make you cry. No one in the guild that you've been residing in for as long as you could walk has ever witnessed a tear spill from your big [e/c] eyes. You don't cry, not even when you were panicked. Maybe all the times you have chosen to hold back your tears finally wanted to catch up with you. Your vision became blurred, Gajeels erratically moving figure becoming blobs of color mushing together.

You slide down against the cold wall, labored breathing and Gajeel's muttered cursing are the only sounds you hear along with your pounding heart.

"Y/N?" You hear Gajeel say, and with a rare tear-stained face, you lift your head up from its place on your knees. Seeing his eyes widen and concerned face only makes your tears cascade down harder.

"What... what if we - what if we don't get out of here?" You stutter out, and Gajeel moves closer, sitting on his knees in front of you worry crowding his features. "W-what if this is where we -"

You get cut off by the sound of your own choking sobs, Gajeel doesn't say anything. It takes a few minutes of  'silence' for you to get your breathing on track again, you wipe your eyes.

"I-I don't want to die, Gajeel. I'm not ready, not yet." You whisper.  You jump a little, surprised when Gajeel pulls you close to his chest.

He was naturally a rough outgoing man, sure, but this was a rare moment for Gajeel; showing his soft side and support through physical contact or any contact really. You gladly accepted the gentle warmth that comes with him, wrapping your arms around him as well.

"I've known ya' for years, and I dont think ive ever seen ya' cry up 'till now, this is very unlike you" Gajeel says uncharacteristically soft into your ear, his rough hands stroking your smooth hair. You sniffle. "You can't give up now  Y/N. I won't let ya' you're not gonna die, not on my watch."

You reluctantly pull away from Gajeel's embrace, he carefully takes a finger, moving it to under your eye to clean the remainder of tears. He offers you his signature smirk he occasionally has plastered on his face, it lifts your spirits, just a little.

"I promise you Y/N we'll get out of here. You can count on me." He tells you, softly placing his lips on the tip of your nose.

You pull him close to you again, because even if you aren't sure that this isn't the end, there's something a little more pleasing in the way he holds you.

——————

Written by : Me !