• Cobra x reader •

Awkward

"This...is getting kind of creepy," you muttered. A wavy purple aura loomed around Cobra as he stared unblinkingly at you. His expression was totally unreadable. He had been staring at you for what seemed like forever. Finally, you poked his forehead with your index finger once...twice...three times.

"What are you doing?" Cobra's voice was completely flat. His eyebrow twitched.

"Seeing if you're dead. Guess not." You grinned slightly. Cobra rolled his eyes and snorted. He placed his hand on his hip and straightened his posture.

"It bugs me that I can't hear what you're thinking. I hear EVERYTHING. Why are you so different?" Your grin grew. You stood from the rock that you were sitting on and cocked your head. Cobra glanced at you sidelong, his tan face turning a bit pink.

"Maybe you aren't close enough." You grabbed the collar of his jacket and pulled him closer to you. Cobra was a bit taller, so you had to tug several times to make him stoop down to your level. Cobra blinked furiously.

"I-I don't think this is-" He stopped as you smashed his head into yours. You were ear-to-ear in a position that didn't look too comfortable for Cobra. You had your left hand pressed against his cheek to make sure he didn't move his head. He was so off-balance that it was all he could do to keep from falling on top of you.

"Do you hear anything yet?" You whispered. Cobra's eyes narrowed. He knew you were toying with him, and it was both embarrassing and annoying.

"Stop being a brat," he muttered as he pushed you backwards. You let out a slight yelp as you stumbled over the rock that you had been sitting on previously.

"C-Cobra!" You closed your eyes, expecting the impact of the ground to hit your back at any second. Air rushed through your hair, making a loud 'whooshing' sound in your ears. How long would you fall before you hit the ground? Would it feel like forever, or would it be quick and painless? You were so high up on the mountain that you knew you'd never survive. Bellow you there was nothing but jagged rocks. Your jaw twitched as you felt something lock around your wrist, halting your fall.

You opened one eye...then the other. Cobra stared at you with a quizzical expression. The breeze tousled his hair gently. He pulled you towards him until you were on stable ground again.

"I wouldn't let you fall," he assured you with a slight shrug. You frowned.

"What were you thinking?! Scaring me like that..." You jerked your hand away from Cobra and crossed your arms in a pouting manner. Cobra chuckled.

"It's frustrating, isn't it? Not knowing what's on someone's mind."

You snorted loudly. "I get along just fine. But...you really scared me just then. Are you really that desperate to make your point? Why are my thoughts so important to you?"

Cobra blinked a few times, his jaw locking as he pondered your question. Finally, he turned. "Let's just keep going. Are you done resting now?" You stared at the mage for a moment. He glanced at you curiously. "Something wrong...?"

"Mmmmm...." Your brows pulled together in concentration. You leaned forwards and held your chin in your hand. Cobra's eye widened.

"______? You're kinda freaking me out..." He swallowed nervously.

"AH-HAH!"

Cobra jumped and twisted his torso so that he was facing away from you. Before he could run, however, you snatched the collar of his jacket.

"I've figured it out~!" You tapped his forehead with your index finger and smirked maniacally. Cobra cleared his throat.

"Ah...huh..."

You began twirling your finger in front of his face. "You liiiiiiiiike me."

Cobra's entire face turned deep scarlet. Even his ears were turning pink. "D-Do not!"

"Yes you do!" You insisted. Cobra snorted and pried your fingers from his collar. He cross his arms defensively over his chest.

"You wish."

"You wish I wish!"

You and Cobra stared at one another for a moment. An anime sweat-drop slid down your forehead.

"That was a lame comeback..." Cobra muttered flatly.

"Yeah...but it doesn't change the fact that I'm right!" You grinned as you cupped Cobra's face in your hands. He opened his mouth to speak, but immediately closed it as you gave him the sharpest glare that you were capable of.

"Just shut up for a minute, okay?" Your cheeks reddened. Cobra nodded once as you closed your eyes and concentrated. Cobra's eyes widened as he heard a voice echo in his mind.

'I love you too.'

You opened your eyes and smiled. "I hope you could hear me. I've never lowered my barrier befo-"

Before you could finish, Cobra pulled you into a tight hug. You opened your mouth, then closed it.

"C-Cobra!" You choked. "C-Can't...breathe...W-Why isn't your name Python?!"

Cobra chuckled and released you. He scratched his neck awkwardly. "S-Sorry about that...I had no idea."

You rolled your eyes. "Obviously."

There was an awkward silence as the two of you searched for something to say. Finally, you sighed.

"So...how about we finished climbing the mountain?"

Cobra smirked. "Yeah. It'll be dark soon."

An anime sweat-drop slid down your forehead as you began walking. "This is awkward."

Cobra's shoulders slumped. "Yep..." After a moment, he slid his hand into yours and smiled. "I think I could get used to it, though."

————————

from- devianart

credit- AnimeArtistRen