Liked by imzachherron, corbynbesson and 345,172 others
maddisoncarter somebody got me roses...

corbynbesson can i tell daniel?

imzachherron that's some hella fine eye work

beautychickee cutie 🥰

austin_mcclaire hot best friend

I need to call Austin. This isn't working out well for him I forgot we were trying something before Daniel just...did that.

I call him once and he texts me right after.

Strange.

Austin: sorry can't talk but i can text

Maddie: i just wanted to make sure we're good and clear on things...

Austin: if you're talking about my comment...we're friends

Austin: i don't wanna get in the way of anybody's relationship

Maddie: thx for understanding

Austin: np ;)

Daniel's POV

10:53p.m.

Running.

Really, really fast.

Almost there and...the lights are out.

"Fuck!" I yell kicking the light post beside me as the chilling, wind blows through my hair.

"Son, can I help you here?" A man catches me off guard from behind me, making me instantly turn around and put my hands up.

The old man sits on a bench with his hands interlocked between his legs. He chuckles, laughing at my stupidity of putting my hands up as I smooth them down my sides.

The man places a black newsboy hat on over his gray hair as he motions his left hand out towards me gesturing for me to go over to him.

"Come here boy," he says as I walk quickly running over to him and taking a seat beside him. I can't help but stare at the ring on his left hand fully taken over by the steel engraved ring.

"What's the matter with you? Kicking the light post not gonna get you anywhere." He says and I gulp looking down fixing my posture sitting the exact same.

"Well sir, I'm in need of something that I haven't even ask permission for. I need it. It's not a want. The jewelry store is closed and I just want to buy a ...ring... for her." I begin to think of how pathetic I sound but the man just nods, twisting his ring on his own finger.

I watch as a tear falls from his right eye and he lets it roll. Not bothering to catch it.

"What happened sir?" I ask as the man keeps his head forward eyeing something across the street.

"I lost her. All she talked about was how much she hated me when we were younger. Told me I was gonna go to hell for doing the craziest and most illegal things. I told her the only right thing I would do was marry her. She was a feisty one. She slapped me the second that left my mouth, then when I pushed her right up against that light post she pulled me in by the collar of my shirt and kissed me," the man pauses taking in a shaky breath, "lost her to child birth...and I ain't married no buddy since. She, my one and only. Made the decision to go through with the birth. Told me she'd see me on the other side. Told me she'd kiss me the second I entered heaven 'cause she changed my mind...about everything." He sniffles as I wrap my arm around his back.

"I'm very sorry sir. She must have been a beautiful soul. What was her name?" I try and ask him as he turns to me urging me to stand up as we begin to walk down the empty cold streets.