40.

Maddie's POV

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"Go away," I mope flipping the pillow on top of my face but the knocking at the door comes again making me throw my pillow at the door.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"I said-

"We need to go," Daniel's raspy voice makes me look at Zach and Jack who are still sleeping surprisingly.

I hop out of bed and get to the door opening it to daylight and a tall man wearing black jeans and a red sweatshirt. He has messy blonde hair sprawled up high and dry.

My eyes rank up and down his body seeing his white shoes on and roaming back up to his eyes. His eyes are puffy and glossy as he looks at me.

"We need to go to the airport," he says as I turn around to look at Jack who's snoring and Zach who is still sleeping with a pillow cradled in his hands.

"Jack's supposed to take me," I argue and Daniel smiles leaning against the door placing his other hand on his hip, while the one is straight up against the wall almost reaching the top corner of the door.

"He's not gonna wake up, them both never wake up 'till twelve Maddie. Just let me take you there," Daniel tries to persuade me as I lean over picking the pillow up and putting it on the bed next to Zach.

"You slept with Zach?" Daniel asks as I slip on my white vans and rush over to my suitcase pulling it behind me with my left hand.

I stop in front of Daniel, nodding as he steps to the side leaving me full access to the hallway and walking down there as Daniel catches up from closing the door.

"You serious slept in that bed with Zach?" Daniel asks again walking next to me as he tries to grab my hand but I pull away the last second, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear trying to make it look real and not fake.

"Yeah, why does it matter?" I say with a duh time in my voice as I press the down button on the elevator as Daniel gets into the door and we head down slowly.

"Because you're my girlfriend?"

"I'm not your girlfriend Seavey. Not anymore," I whisper the words still audible as the metal doors open and I walk out first as Daniel towers back to me and stands next to me walking at the same pace.

"Maddie, I just wanted to slow down though-

"Look I need a break," I pause my walking looking at him standing to the side as he faces his body towards me, "this time a real one. You will be in Japan and I will be in LA. It's okay to be single Daniel," I cross my arms and grab my suitcase heading straight for the door to the outside world as Daniel follows me.

"Then why did you sing with me last night?" Daniel says behind me opening his arms wide as we get onto the sidewalk outside.

I pause in my tracks and turn around seeing the desperate blue eyed boy. His eyes puffy and red. The bags hanging low but the blue holding so much life in them.

The waters splashing. The waves are rolling. The clouds are coming darker and caving in. I'm in the wet sand. It's not dry but I'm not fully submerged in the water.

"I wasn't singing, must have been someone else," I say stubbornly turning back around and crossing the road to the rental car on the side.

"Maddie, you're shit liar. I can tell your voice out of all others, I know it was you." Daniel rushes across the road after me and unlocking the car as I put my suitcase in the back seat and open the door to sit down for this hell of a ride.