Chapter Eleven

A/N: Long chapter today.  My hands are cramping and I'm sleepy so... Urgh. ( -_-# )

Javier:

I grabbed Yuzu before he could do his usual tortoise routine, keeping him close by my side so I could make sure he was comfortable, but gently pushing him to engage with the people around him. He stumbled a bit at first, but he seemed to be having a nice conversation with Louis now.

"You gonna tell me what's up with you two?"

"Hmm?" I faced Cal who was leaning against the wall and sipping on whatever the hell that green stuff was. His lips curled into a small smile and he jerked his chin towards where Yuzu was getting a bowling lesson from Bjorn.

"You haven't taken your eyes off him since he got here." He said. "So what's up with you two?"

"Nothing." I blinked at him and shrugged my shoulders. "He's just... he's not used to hanging out with dorks like you." I said with a laugh and he shoved me a little. "He's shy. I'm just worried about him."

"He looks fine to me." Cal snorted. He did look fine. Yuzu took the ball Bjorn handed him and looked at it with a worried frown, but it sailed beautifully down the aisle and even though he only knocked down 2 pins, he still jumped up and down with excitement. It was cute.

"Jesus, I don't even know why I asked." Cal laughed beside me and slapped me on the back. "Hey, if he makes you happy, I'm happy for you."

"What?" I boggled at him. What the hell was he going on about? Makes me happy...Did he think that we were... "Hey!" He didn't answer me though. I lost my chance to bug him when Yuzu bounced over to me with a big smile on his face.

"Javi! I did it! Did you see?" His dark brown eyes were wide and sparkling.

"I did. You did great." I grinned at him, holding up my hand for a high five. He slapped it happily. "Are you hungry, or are you having too much fun?" I asked leading him back to the others.

"I can eat." He replied and I pointed everyone to the restaurant through the next room. Yuzu slid into the chair when I pulled it out for him and I handed him a menu.

"This one is in English." I said and he giggled as he shook his head.

"Thank you." I sat down next to him and didn't even bother opening mine.

"Do you know what you want already?" He asked me.

"Bacon cheese burger." I said with a smirk. I'd been craving one all week and my mouth was already watering. Yuzu wrinkled his nose delicately.

"I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to eat burgers just before the new season."

"You know that diet is just a guideline, right?"

"Bad food is bad for a reason."

"It's my birthday, come on." I laughed out loud. He eyed me sideways but he only raised his eyebrows and went back to looking at his menu quietly. When I glanced at the rest of the table, everyone was sitting there looking at me with strange expressions on their faces. "What?" I asked but like Yuzu they all looked down at their menus in silence.

"I'm so full." I complained and leaned back in my seat.

"That burger was the size of your head." Yuzu commented.

"Worth it." I snickered and he huffed.