Chapter 30 (The End?)

Camryn's POV

I woke up locked up in a cell with my hands chained to the walls. Hearing a laugh, I look up to see him.

Logan sneered at me as he stood in the doorway, "looks like we returned to our old ways didnt we....puppet?"
I shivered at the nickname. He came closer, and I internally panicked, before remembering that I am not the same scared little girl that I was. As he came closer, I readied myself. Once he was within reaching distance, I swung my leg at him, hitting just below the knee. He howled in pain as he fell to the floor.

In seconds, though, he was back on his feet. He grabbed my face, and pulled me toward him. "Oh, you're going to regret that, puppet." He said, winding his arm for a great punch. I closed my eyes, waiting for the blow to come, but it never did.

I opened them back up to see Heather grasping her father's wrist. "We wouldnt want to ruin this just because you want to play with her now, do we father?" There was a chilling edge to her voice, one that was not there just a few hours ago when we were sitting in the meadow together. Daniel huffed and turned around without sparing me a glance. Heather turned to look at me one last time before following her father.

I should have never trusted her...what a fool I've become.

°°°°••••○○○○●●●●

It was the middle of the night when I heard footsteps approaching me. I brace myself for Daniel to come back, but when I opened my eyes, it was Heather. "What?" I spat rather harshly, "here to harass me like you father?"

She had the decency to look guilty. "Look, I didnt mean for this," she pointed toward the two of us,"to go on for so long, okay? At first, I didn't even know that you were the one that Father was after." I snorted, not believing her story. She gave me a look, before sighing. "I'm trying here, Cam, okay? I dont... want him to hurt you." She sounded so sincere, but I still couldn't let my guard down. This could be a trick. I thought to myself.

I didn't want to believe it was a trick so..I let her come closer to me. She kneeled down to my level, as I was still chained. She held her hand out to my face and stroked my cheek. Half of me wanted to give in to the touch, the other have wanted to remain stoic. Heather must've seen the conflict on my face, so she removed her hands. "You dont have to trust me, I wont force you to. But, I'll need your help to get you out of here. That includes...using your eye." I give her an incredulous look.

"My eye?! Why do you need my eye?" She shushed me.

"To bring it to your friends, obviously." I rolled my eyes, but sighed and relented the object to her after a bit of a struggle.

"You're lucky I still kind of trust you, Heather." I muttered quietly. She thanked me and started to leave the room. However, just before she reached the door, she turned around and came back to me, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "See you soon, Cam."

°°°°••••○○○○●●●●
True to her word, Heather must have delivered the eye, because here my friends were, coming to save the day recklessly. The house, unfortunately, was on fire. Heather was struggling with my bonds, but had finally managed to release my arms from the chains iron grip. I stared at her in amazement, she seemed so calm, but I knew she wasn't. She was having trouble with the locks on my feet. "Come on, come on!" She yelled, frustrated.

"Hey, hey. Heather, everything will be fine." I gave her the most reassuring smile I could. However, whatever moment we were having was ruined by her father, who came down to have a final chat with me.

"Heather," he growled. "What are you doing with that girl?"

"I-im releasing her." She tried to remain calm and threatening, but the stutter threw her off. Her father caught the stutter and knew she was worried.

Daniel laughed. "I see you're having trouble with the last locks on her legs, as you should. Those are special locks I had specially made just for Camryn. And only I can get her out."

Heather paled, "what, no. That's not possible. You never did anything without me, I was the one preparing for everything."

Daniel tsked at his daughter, "oh, but what about that week I was in Europe, what do you think I was doing there? Enough chit chat. It seems to be time that I cut off some loose ends."

With that, he lunged at Heather, who was able to fend off most of his attacks. They both landed a good amount of blows on each other, but I was growing increasingly worried. The fire was growing stronger and Heather was growing weaker. They came closer to me, and I saw something glint in Daniel's hands. A knife. He was about to swing. He is going to hurt his own daughter! I was able to get to my feet, and I lunged at Daniel just in time for me to catch the slash. He was surprised, and Heather used this opportunity to knock him out with a piece of wood she had found lying conveniently on the ground. She turned to me, "Cam, what where you thinking!" She screamed at me, putting pressure on the wound.

I smiled slightly, "I wasnt. I just wanted to protect you. Besides we both know that I cant get out of here. Not at this rate, anyways." I reached my hands up to her face and brought hers close to mine. Our faced were inches apart and she closed the distance between us with a barely choked back sob. I pulled away shortly after looking into her teary eyes.

"You need to leave, Heather. It isn't safe for you here. I promise...I will always be there for you." She shook her head, sobs escaping from her lips. "There is no reason for us to both lose our lives tonight, go." I saw a shadow move behind her, and sighed in relief when I saw it was Jesse. 'Take her, please.' I mouthed to her, and once she saw my chained up state, she nodded gloomily. Heather started screaming as Jesse lifted her.

"Let me go! I need to stay with her! Leave me...." her voice eventually faded away and I was left in the room with an unconscious Daniel. I looked at him.

"Well, we started this together. Now we're ending this together." I closed my eyes, and thought of my friends and family with a small smile on my face. I heard a crack from the wood above me, then excruciating pain, then nothing.

Goodbye.

°°°°••••○○○○●●●●

So....that was that. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to write a second book or not so...vote and/or comment on this chapter to tell me if I should write more for Cam and Heather's story. It either ends here or continues. Also, this has been my longest chapter so far, it is like 1200 words long...

Anyways, thank you for reading my story and sticking with my wack updating schedule. Hope you have a wonderful day/night.

Peace out!

~GR