Chapter 12

Camryns ♤ P.O.V

The Crescendo group; a group full of some really smart and powerful, money wise, men and women who want to rule pretty much the whole world, and wanted to take over Cronics. I know, I know, it sounds a little...cliché but, it is true. We have been tracking them for months and by "we" I mean uncle and I. We didn't want to bring many people into this matter because...well..we recently found out the real reason of how my parents died. It was because they, like I said, wanted to take over Cronics, which would only be possible if my grandfather didn't have anyone to pass down the business too. They, apparently didn't do all of the research they could, considering that Uncle and I are still here, but they were at least able to take out my parents.

Which is why I have some...troubles with talking about how my parents died. Not even my friends know, but I will tell them, after this case is solved.

But I found a lead when I confronted the men in the woods. Sure it took some convincing, the only reason they probably told me was because of the knife I had to their throat. But I learned that their leaders, Cristina, Ross, and Alexander, were actually in the US and that they were, coincidentally, in Washington state.

"Hey Camryn! Camryn Brown!" I jumped a few feet before I turned to face the culprit, Heather, "Everyone is coming in for some food and cocoa, would you like to come in as well?" I nodded, I mean, who turns down free food?

____♤____

I was running. Running so hard that it felt like my feet could create a hole in the ground if I pounded hard enough. They were chasing me. My heart was beating wildly as I pushed past another bush only to be tackled a few seconds later. "Let me go!" I tried to wrestle away from the man, but he was too strong. There was rustling in the background. Oh no, they are going to take me back. The man, suprisingly, put a hand over my mouth to keep me quiet and put one finger over his lips. The men walked past us. "Where the hell did she go?" One man growled as they walked away. "I dont know s...." I couldn't hear the rest as they had walked far enough away. I squirmed under the man again, hoping he would move. He did. Standing up and brushing himself off before reaching down to get me. "Are you alright?"
"Fine." I replied curtly. "Who are you." He sighed, seeming dissapointed before letting out a small, dejected laugh, while turning away from me, "Of course he didnt tell you about me." Looking back at me, he smiled softly.
"I am your uncle, Camryn."

____♤____

I jerk awake and after a moment, I hold my head from the headache that some dreams bring on. So I am having those dreams again, huh? Of course, no one answered my unspoken question and I sighed as I stood up and stretched, hearing the bones in my body pop satisfactorily. Walking over to my dresser, taking the eyepatch off while slipping the eye back into place. Only a few more years of wearing this thing...but at least they were able to let me see out of both eyes. I curse the day that man cut my face, if only I was stonger that day. I sighed again and made my way downstairs.

As I walked down to the kitchen, I took in the decore of the place, since I really hadn't had the time to look at it closely. It was nice, painted a dark shade of blue with very eye pleasing pictures on the wall. As I countinued my descent, I heard a noise coming from the living room and I quickly pulled the .45 I carry around with me, hey I work for a secret service, what do you expect, as I walked quietly to the living room.

I peeked into the room seeing the person but not really looking at them. Pointing the gun at them, I take a  careful glance at the person before gasping, making the person turn to me smirking.

"What are you doing here?"