Chapter 9

Heathers P.O.V

We all watched as Camryn left Red Robins. What happened to her? I wondered. Lucky for me, I didn't even have to voice my thoughts before someone spoke up.
"She is still a bit sensitive about that subject." Mike said calmly.
"Where is she going, though? It doesn't look like she is going the way back to the house." I said.
Mike and Jesse shared a look, "She's not." Jesse replied.
"What! Why not? What if she gets lost?!" Jesse looks like she is suppressing a laugh and Mike just smirks. "Do not worry, young one." Mike said, "She will just be going to a place to think." That calmed me down a bit but, I wish I could do something for her. We talked for a little bit longer before we all decided to head our separate ways home.

____♢____

"I'm home!" I shouted once I got through the door. I was greeted by silence. I guess everyone's asleep, cool. I walked into my room, through my bag into a corner and immediately got onto my computer to watch some Youtube videos. It wasnt long before I fell asleep to the yelling of Kubz Scouts.

_____♢_____

Tap...tap....tap.
Someone was at the window. Did I care? Not really. I just wanted them to get in and out quickly so I could sleep. "Psst...Hey....Heather, wake up." It was Sarah. Ugh, why me? Why now? I grumbled as I got up out of bed and opened my window. "What do you want?" I ask in a harsh tone.
"Woah, calm down dude." She used her hands to do the "simmer down" motion.
"I would be calm if you didn't wake me up at 2 am!" I whisper shouted at her.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just wanted to come talk to you." I fixed a glare onto her and she seemed to shrink back. I sigh regretfully. I'm not regretting the fact that I glared at her, but the fact that I woke up for this.
"I'm going back to sleep. You can crash her again. Hop to it." She grinned so brightly that shr could give the sun a run for his money.
"Goodnight Heather." She says as she crawls onto my couch.
"Goodnight Sarah."

_____♢______
Beep
Beep
Beep
CRASH!
I woke up with a jolt as the reminisce of my dream already starts to drift
away. I quickly turn over to my left to see Sarah try to quietly pick up the stuff from my dresser.
I stealthily sneak up from behind her wondering how she hasn't noticed yet. She must be pretty engrossed in cleaning that up if she hasn't heard my clumsy self.
"What do you think you're doing?" I half whisper, half screamed as fast as I could while poking at the area right above the hips, otherwise known as "tazing" her. I swear, she jumped at least 6 feet into the air as I laughed my ass off from her reaction.

She glared at me, " Not cool man." She got up, probably to get ready to do the same to me before I squealed and quickly ran out of my room.
"You think that will stop me from getting you?! Think again, you're going down!"
We do this a lot whenever she comes over, mostly because she is the easiest one to suprise and scare. She makes a great target for our mischief.

I practically flew down the stairs to get away from her and went to hide in my pantry, mostly so that I could eat while I hide from her. "Where are you, you little brat!"Speak of the devil. I had to stifle a giggle before she found out where I was. I quickly, and quietly, rummaged through the pantry to find the marshmallows and shooter I had place in there for these events. I had metioned that we do this often, right?

I heard crashing from the livingroom. I swear to the gods, Sarah, if anything in this house is broken, I am blaming it on you! I mentally yell at her because I'm not finished loading my weapon. I hear her come into the kitchen. Finally, what did you do, check every little crack you could find?
I waited for her to open the door as I positioned myself in a more comfortable and better protection area.

"Come out, come out wherever you are." I heard her say quietly. Suddenly, I heard the doorknob start to twist. I aimed directly at her chest as she opened it wider. "Heather. I know you are around her somewhere." She rifled through some boxes before she walked out, deeming it was safe for her to move on since she didn't think I would be under the rest of the objects.  Well guess what bitch, you thought wrong!

I wiggled out from under the sack of potatoes and the bags of flour (don't ask why we have so many, I don't even know) and followed her out of the room. Suddenly I heard a click behind me.
"I knew you wouldn't be able resist following me." Sarah said as she pointed her marshmallow gun at me as she grinned.
I just smiled back as I crept backwards. She didn't notice. Sarah, how to you expect to join the police force if you can't even tell when I am moving?
As soon as she looked in a different direcrion because my brother must have gotten home last night, I slipped out of her view and voiced my thoughts.
"Oh, you're going to pay for that!" She whisper-yelled.
"Come get me then." I whisper-yelled back.

______♢______

An hour later we were lying on the ground, out of breath and covered in marshmallow goop.
"Well that was fun." I say once I am able to breathe regularly again. Sarah just nods in agreement.

After a few more minutes of just lying there, we finally decided to start cleaning up before my parents go crazy with the mess we made. A few more minutes later, the loving room was spick and spand and now it smelled like s'mores.

We just started to talk about random stuff again when there was banging and shouting at the front door.