Chapter 5

Heathers P.O.V.

After walking to Cam's car, I slam the door and start thinking. That move she did on me was awesome, painful, but awesome. I should get her to teach me some of that stuff...

My thoughts are cut off by her coming into the car to start it. As soon as she turns it on, the AC starts blasting.

Even though the AC is pretty loud, I can still hear Camryn mumbling. I was going to ask her why she was mumbling but then she turned sharply, making me slam into the door.

"Sorry." She mumbles for the second time this morning. I don't think she is used to saying it so often. She seemed a little uncomfortable during the rest of the ride.

After telling her where to go so I could get home, it loomed up ahead of us. I could hear her mumble a wow, which was weird considering they said she and her uncle were rich...

"So do you think you could wait for me? I dont take that long to get ready. Then we could all go to school together." I need to find out more about her. I shook my head slightly. No, I need to learn more about her and her friends.

Camryn seemed to be contemplating it. I took this opportunity to study her face. Her platinum coloured hair seemed to stop beneath her shoulder blades, her eyebrows were scrunched together in thought, her amber eyes seem clouded and her lips pursed. Her nose also scrunched up whenever she was in deep thought, but I only seen it twice, now and earlier when I was talking to all three of them.

She finally turned to me, "I don't see why not, but you have to get dressed quickly. If you aren't here in 15 minutes, I am leaving." She gave me a pointed look that pretty much says, test me. I didn't feel like testing her, so I quickly nodded. This has been one long morning.

Cam's P.O.V
______________

Holy mother of the gods. That is my first thought when I see Heathers house. It looks pretty roomy, at least from the outside. It is kinda like a castle. A huge, brick castle. As I gawk at the house, Heather gets out of the car and we exchange a few words before I tell her to hurry or I will leave her there. Though if I did, I wouldnt doubt that she could get to the school faster than I could in my Jeep.

As Heather saunters into the house, I grab a small notebook out of my backpack. My writing journal. Now, before you people say anything, being out in the field for days before your target arrives is boring. You need something to do and plus, writing is a great way to vent. But the best part of my journal is that it was from my brother before....yeah know.

I shake my head, quickly dismissing the thoughts as I heard a knock at the window. Dang, I didn't even get to write anything down. I glance at the clock as I put my journal away, it only took her about twelve minutes to get ready. I raise an eyebrow, which she noticed and said, "What?" I just shrug, not knowing entirely what to say.

"So," she starts, "why did you seem so suprised to see this house? I thought that your Uncle was some big shot business owner?"

I shrug, "I haven't actually been able to move into some big home like that 'cause it would be a waste." She looked out the window in thought.
"Why?" A simple question, all it needed was a simple answer.
"I move around a lot, buying a big house like that would be a waste of money and time." I state matter-of-factly.

She just sits quietly, probably processing the information. We ride in silence the rest of the way to the school. Once we get there, I see that Jesse and Mike took the Volks and I sighed in relief. Mostly because that ment I didn't have to leave school grounds to get them. As I got out of the car and walked away. Heather grabbed onto my shirt. Did she just grab onto my favorite shirt? I mentally asked myself.
Yes, yes she did. I answered back.

Like she could sense what I was thinking, she let me go. I smoothed out my shirt and turned back to her. I could feel Jesse and Mike's stared boring into the back of my head and try to ignore them so I don't snap at them. "What's up?" She seemed fidgety and so I decided that waiting patiently would be my best bet. Carter clicked in agreement. "Well...I was wondering, if you wanted to.... if you want to hang out today." She looked over at Jesse and Mike, "They can come too, it's just that since you guys are new, I could show you around and all that."

I ponder the decision before me before looking at my friends. Jesse does a quick thumbs up and Mike taps an imaginary watch. Sighing, I turn back to Heather. "Sure, why not." Then I turn away. Walking into the school, I stop before I hit the doors.
"See you later, Heather." And then I enter my hellhole.