Chapter 18

Heathers P.O.V
I stared, confused, at Camryn's back. Silence had taken over as I watched her breathing deepen. I looked up onto the ceiling, at the plastic stars that were over her bed. She made them into actual constellations.

Soon, sleep finally found me and I was out like a light bulb.

____

I woke up to quiet whimpers, so quiet, I don't even know how I woke uo from them. Rolling over, I looked at the clock, 3:30 AM. "Ermp. Why I up so early?" I groaned to myself. The whimpering started up again and I turned to Camryn. She was shaking rather violently.

"Please...don't...." she whispered in her sleep, tears starting to stream down her face as she dreamt.

"Hey, Cam." I called out softly, shaking her. Her eyes snapped open. She stared at me the tears making her eyes glow brightly in the moonlight. "I don't know what you were dreaming about, but it is okay now." I smiled softly as she closes her eyes again. Was this what she ment earlier? I questioned myself. I rolled back over to make myself comfortable again. Just as I got into my comfy position, a body pressed against mine.

"Goodnight, Heather." Camryn sleepily whispered, her grip on me slightly tightening around me.

"'Night."

_____

When I woke up the next morning, I was alone. Groggily, I stood up and made my way downstairs to help myself to some breakfast. When I got down there I found a note that read;

Gone out for a bit with Wynter. Will be back soon
                  -Camryn.

Sighing bitterly at the thought of Cam hanging out with Wynter, I sat down and angerily munched on my Froot Loops. "Hey kid what's up?" Mark waltzed into the kitchen to make himself breakfast.

"Nothing really."

He turned to me with a large smile on his face. "So," he drawled out, "what did you and Cam do yesterday?" He spoke as he wiggled his eyebrows.

I choked on my cereal. "Nothing!" I wheezed out. "We just talked and went to sleep."

He raised his eyebrow, "sure, if that is what you want me to believe." He chuckled as he walked out of the room. I threw my spoon at him, which he caught easily. "Stupid assassin group and their stupid speed." I grumbled.

_______

I was watching tv when the door slammed shut. Bolting from my seat, I ran to the door to greet Cam. She had a sad look on her face as she entered the room. I immediately pulled her into a hug. She stiffened slightly. "What are you doing?" She asked hoarsely.

"You looked like you needed a hug." I whispered into the crook of her neck. She sighed slighty before slowly putting her hands around me to finish the hug.

Suddenly, we heard whistling coming from the right of us. "Mark! Come look at the lovebirds!" Jesse shouted gleefully.

I pulled away from Cam blushing. "What the hell man?" I chased Jesse around the room. "Couldn't you just wait until after so you didn't ruin the moment!" There was chuckling behind us as we continued to run around.

Soon enough, I had to stop and catch my breath. "Oh my gods, I need to start running more." Jesse threw her arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah you do, especially if you are planning to roll with us from now on."
Jesse smirked.

"I don't know about those two," Cam said jokingly, pointing to the other two. "But I am pretty rad to hang out with." Matt pushed her shoulder a little.

"Dude, no one says 'rad' anymore."

"Well someone does, and that person is me." I watched Cam as she stuck her tongue out at Mark.

"You're such a kid." Mark joked.

"I'll show how this 'kid' does things." She laughed as she pounced on him.

Jesse gasps in delight before running towards them shouting, "Doggy pile!" And jumping on top. They all laughed before Mark looked at me with questioning eyes

"Are you going to join?"

"I didn't know I was allowed to." I turned my gaze from him to meet Cam's amber eyes. "But I can join if you want me to." I stated quietly. They all nodded their heads and I smiled as I jumped on top.

"So is this what you guys do when you aren't doing your special ops stuff?" I questioned as I laid comfortably on them.

"I guess you could say that. Most of the time we just lounge around with the others or train, a lot. We do have to keep ourselves in top shape, afterall." Cam said. Someone's phone rang and everyone groaned. "Really Cam? Why does your uncle have to ruin our bonding moments?" She shrugged and everyone sighed. One by one we all got off of each other to let  Cam go answer her phone.

After a few minutes, she came back with a scowl on her face. "I'm going upstairs to get ready for bed." She stated as she went to the stairs
Jesse and Mark shared a look before turing to me.

"Don't just stand there! Follow her!" I was about to ask why they don't do it when they gave me a pointed look. "She may actually want to talk to you." I looked them in shock but before I could ask anymore, they said in unison, "Go!" I held my hands up in surrender and walked up the stairs to her. Once I got up into the room I saw that she was sitting on the bed, looking at the wall. As she was probably lost in thought.

"What's wrong Cam?" I asked quietly.

She jumped before laughing quietly, "I dropped my guard again, damn." I would be soaring any other time knowing that I made her laugh, but this time, it made me bit sad.

"What's wrong?" I repeated. She looked at me thoughtfully before she answered. What she said made my heart stop.

"They're sending me back to HQ."