Chapter 24

Camryn's P.O.V

I stared at Mike blankly. It was all quiet after the words I uttered.

I clutched my head between my hands and rubbed my temples. "Okay, so there is this group that has been after us for awhile. The Crescendo group. They are trying to take over Cronics to take over the world, as we are a major world protection agency." Everyone looked at me as I continued to explain why I did what I did. They were all pale and quiet the entire time I spoke, as if to make sure that they missed nothing.

"So yeah, that's why I had to go." I shrugged and clapped my hands together, looking down so that way I do no have to look at them.

I felt hands on my chin, pulling my face to look at them, it was Heather, smiling at me softly. She grabbed my hand and said, "We would have helped you if you would have just asked us to, even if it was top secret, we could have helped you and we wouldn't be in this mess."

"I know, but I had to keep it secret, for everyone's safety."

We then talked for a little bit, with no secrets between us. It felt great to know that I had friends that supported what I did, even if they disliked it.

°°°°••••○○○○●●●●●

Heather's P.O.V

My heart had dropped when Cam said the Crescendo group did this, I should have known these guys, or more accurately, Camryn, were the people sent to stop them.

They, of course, needed a way to divert their attention away from the home base, which is why they made it seem like I needed help, in the form of protection, from a big and bad group that was located somewhere else.

With me acting like a damsel in distress, I could divert their attention from the home base, which was located just around the corner from my house.

My familys technology company.

That's right, my parents, Melissa and John, are the true leaders of the Cresendo group. The other ones, like the two that captured Cam, were just set as diversions. My family still needs more time.

I was glad that my parents decided that I was finally ready to do this task and let my out of HQ with my friends, or more like body guards.

But now...

I have grown to care for these guys. Which will cause big trouble for me if my parents find out, especially if they find out that I like one of them.

"Heather, hey. You okay?" Camryn's soft and alluring voice called to me as I zoned back in.

"Huh, oh yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking. I don't want anything to happen to you guys, that's all." I pulled Camryn into a hug, stroking her hair.

What am I going to do?