Chapter 22

Heather's P.O.V.
I stared at Camryn's body in shock. They had brought her in a few hours ago after they found out where the Crescendo group was hiding her.

At first, they didn't even know if she was going to make it, but here she was, thirty minutes after her surgery, her heart beating steadily. I'm not getting my hopes up, however, because there is still a chance that she won't make it, considering it was only a half hour since she got out of critical conditions.

  I was watching Cam so intently that I didn't hear someone walk behind me. "Heather?" They questioned gently.

Me being me, jumped about five feet into the air and onto my toes, only to find Jesse and Mike.

I tried playing it cool saying, "Yeah, hey. What's up?"
They looked at each other before looking back at me

"We just wanted to check on Cam here. However, it seems like you have it covered so we will just leave these," Mike lifted the flowers and a teddy bear that I didn't notice before into the air, "and go." I nodded and sat back down in the chair, looking at Cam. In the corner of my eye, I could see Jesse turn to me.

"You should go home soon, Heather. Cam didn't like having Mike or I staying by her side whenever she was like this, so she would want you to try to act like everything is normal." Jesse stated. I stared at her, open mouthed.

"You want me to leave her side at a time of need?" I started, standing back up, "I cannot just leave someone that is important to me alone in a room that they might not recognize after they went through some traumatizing shi-"

"Alright, alright. That's enough." Mark said, cutting me off. "Look," he started again, turning to me, "Jesse is right, you do need to go home, even if it is for a short amount of time. And you need to get any homework you may have, but you cannot spend all of your time here. Otherwise, Cam will freak out on your ass."

I dropped my shoulders in defeat. "Fine...but I want you guys to hang out with me, so we can worry together, you know?" They both laughed and nodded and we walked out of the room.

°°°°••••○○○○●●●●

Cam's P.O.V

Why the hell is my body so heavy? I asked myself as I tried to move my hands or even open up my eyes. I could hear voices , but they are so distant that I couldn't make out who they were.

I want to go home. I have to make sure everyone is okay. I yelled out into the void of my mind.

No one would answer my yells, as I would be stuck here for awhile longer.

God, this sucks.

°°°°••••○○○○●●●● 

I was finally able to open up my eyes after what felt like years. The room was dark, outside seemed dark. I shifted out of bed, careful not to make my presence known to anyone that could be in the room with me.

I stealthily snuck down the hall and the stairs to get out of the building. I quickly, but quietly walked to my house. After I grabbed some clothes, I immediately left the house again, knowing that after Mike and Jesse found out that I am gone, they will check the house.

As I made my way to my spot, I saw Heather with both her friends and mine sitting at a pool table. It seems like she's having a good time. I thought to myself.

I quickly shook my head and after glancing at Heather one more time, made my way to the woods.

°°°°••••○○○○●●●●
Heather's P.O.V

The next day, Jesse, Mark, and I met up for some breakfast so we wouldn't have to go to the hospital on an  empty stomach.

I sat down in the booth that the two were already at, chatting away with their coffees, with another one sitting in the middle of the table. We immediately started talking about random things and were having a great time, despite the fact that we didn't have Cam with us.

Suddenly, Mike's phone rang, so he got up and walked outside to talk to whoever was on the phone in private.

"So," Jesse started, gaining my attention, "you like Cam." It was more of a statement than a question so I hesitantly nodded. She smiled at me, "Thought so. You know, Cam is honestly one of the best people to have a crush on, even if she does-"

Mike rushed into the cafe and started packing up his stuff, effectively both confusing me and shutting Jesse up.

"Mike, bud, what are you doing?" Jesse asked, almost as confused as I was.

He stopped what he was doing and looked at both Jesse and I with one of the most scared faces that I've ever seen someone wear.

"Cam is missing."