Chapter 26

Camryn's P.O.V

Heather has been acting weird for a couple of days now. Whenever we hang out, she suddenly stops and goes onto her phone and texts, sometimes even calls, someone. She also has been getting very nervous, as if she was waiting for something to come out of the shadows and attacking her.

I figured she was just nervous, which is why we're where we are now. The skating rink.

"Come on, Cam. You cannot be that bad at skating." Heather laughed as she watched me slowly skate around, holding onto the wall.

"It has been awhile since I've been skating, Heather. You act as if I can do it as easily as I can everything else. It takes time." I muttered.

Heather laughed again and rolled over to me, grabbing my hand. "Well than we'll do it together."

Ignoring the slight burning in my face, I concentrated on making sure I didn't fall on my face while skating.
Suddenly, Heather started going faster, dragging me along. "Heather! What are you doing!" I exclaimed, slightly nervous.

Heather smiled brightly, "you need to loosen up, Cam. " She turned around and skated backwards.

"I am loose." I grumbled, right after saything that, however, I fell. Heather laughed before helping me up. "Yeah, yeah. Keep laughing. Karma will come and get you next." I muttered as Heather calmed down.

She nodded and opened her mouth to say something, when her phone rang. She looked at it, "I have to take this," she looked up at me sadly, "I'll catch up with you?" I nodded and leaned in, kissing her cheek, fairly close to her lips. When I pulled away, I smiled when I noticed her flushed cheeks.

"You missed," she muttered.

I shook my head, smirking. "No, I do believe that I kissed where I should have." I watched as she rolled her eyes. "Don't you have a phone call to tend to?" I asked while nudging her.

Grumbling, Heather walked, or more like skated, away so she could hear whoever was on the phone and I chuckled.

My phone buzzed as well, and the message showed up on the eye lens.

"They know who we are."

°°°•••○○○●●●■
I apologize for it being so short, but I promise that when I write the next chapter, it will be much longer.