Chapter 15

Heathers ♢ P.O.V.
  My breathing quickened as I heard the footsteps get closer. Camryn was still laying over me protectively. "Check the shelves in the back! Can't be too careful." My body starts trembling, but I feel Camryn's fingers on my face as she tries to catch my eyes.

"Breathe, Heather. They won't find us here."

"Yeah right." I scoffed. "How are they not? We are right here in the open!"

Cam smiled but didn't say anything. As I was going to ask her again, there were footsteps on the otherside of the bookshelf. I watched as Cam quickly, and quietly, stood and walked over to the books. Then the man walked right into view. I started to freak out but then I saw something I didn't expect.

Camryn attacking the man. She did it so precisely and quickly that it was not hard to tell she did this often. I mean, I knew she could fight but damn, that was quick and easy. "What the heck man?" I whispered to her. Shrugging, she turned away to walk back through the bookshelf, pausing only once to contact some people.

"Is this why Jesse and Mike were mad at you?" I didn't get much of an answer besides a nod before the library doors burst open.

I peeked over the books to see none other than Jesse and Mark. "Speak of the devils." Camryn said, shaking her head with a small smile on her face.
She walked over to them calmly, like she didn't just pummel a guy in the middle of a library.

"They were able to find us, already. How? I have no idea but-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Is anyone going to tell me what's going on?!"

They shared a look that told me they already forgot I was here. I watched as Camryn rubbed her temples before she turned to me. "Those people are from the Crescendo group." She finally spoke, anger filled her eyes, though I don't think that was directed at me. "How did they find us already?" She muttered, "We were supposed to have more time." I gave her a questioning look, but since she wasn't looking at me anymore, I doubt I would get an answer.

The four of us went quiet, the only noise in the room was the intruder bell. "They must have gotten intel on us from that one guy that attacked Heather when we first got here." Jesse said finally. I gaped at her in suprise.

"You mean, they are here because of me?!" I shouted, making the the others panic and I watched as Camryn pulled out a small box from the bag. She opened the box and seemed to be tracing the item on the inside when the door burst open, she immediately turned with the object in her hand. I gulped, it was a .45 pistol. She quickly shot the guys and silently turned to Jesse and Mike, giving them each a gum of their own.

I just sat there, stunned. She just freaking shot someone here! am I the only one who cares about this?! They walked over to the door, Jesse first, Mike in the middle, and Camryn was last. She stopped and turned to me with a dangerous glint in her amber eyes.

"You coming or what?"

_____♢______

After a few minutes of walking in silence, I decided to break it with my question. "Who are you guys, exactly? Obviously, you guys aren't working for Camryn's uncle." They chuckled at that.

"To be fair, we do work for my uncle, we just aren't working with medicine." Camryn said quietly before she snapped on some gloves that appeared from the box. At that moment, we reached the stairs.

"Alright. Mike, you get to the roof and set up there in case there are others. Camryn, you take the western side of the building while I take the eastern. If needed, we can always call Wynter to help us." Jesse whispered authoritatively. Raising my hand quietly, I waited for Jesse to notice me. Once she did, I didn't even get to open my mouth before she answered. "You will be sticking with Cam." I nodded as she passed out the ear pieces.
"Be safe, guys." Was the last thing Jesse said before we went our separate ways.

____♢____

"So this is what you guys really do. Wow, I'm impressed I mean, I am pretty sure you guys had to of been there for awhile to be able to get through all of this training so young." I whispered to Camryn. My eyes widened for a second, "Wait, you are seventeen, right?"

She sighed, "Yes, I am seventeen. Also, yes. I have been at Cronics for a long time." Pointing at her jackets sleeve, she fell silent again as I went to look at what she pointed at. It was a small picture with the Cronics symbol on it with the word assassin on it. The Cronics symbol is three thick triangels that are connected and were all different colors. Each color represented what job each person has. Purple for the leader, cyan for the sniper, and maroon for the assassin. I only know this because of my father worked with them before he made his own business.

Well at least now I know why Cam is always so quiet, it is her job to be silent. I am about to speak again when  Cam stops suddenly, turning around quickly to push me into a different hall. When I open my mouth to ask her what's going on, she gives me a stern look that tells me to keep my mouth shut.

Straining my ears, I listen for whatever Camryn heard. Footsteps. And not just one pair. I could hear at least four pairs of feet stomping across the floor. The door to the hallway we were just on swung open and slammed against the wall as the men walked in. "All we have to do is find the directers neice and get out of here." One said. As soon as he said that, though, I felt Camryn go ridged beside me and it dawned on me.

They are here to take Camryn away.