Chapter One

I flipped over on my bed, and faced the alarm clock. It read 12:28pm. Memories of the accident continued to fill my mind. 

  I usually spend my Saturdays in bed, so it didn't surprise anyone when I came down stairs so late. By anyone I mean the dogs.

  I let the dogs outside, and got a bowl of Lucky Charms. A faint pain entered my foot. It felt like stepping on plastic. Looking down I saw that it was the TV remote. The TV turned on. I guess I stepped on the power button. The news was playing. I was about to switch the channel until something in the background caught my eye. 

  A Couple months ago I was hit by a car. And I was fine. These things happened often. It was like I was destined to constantly be in the path of danger, but somehow some kind of shield always kept me from this destiny. In the background was the shiny, red, now destroyed car that hit me.

  Although I thought it was strange I ignored it and turned off the TV. My phone rang. I picked it up and saw it was my friend Donna. She was a sweet girl with short brown hair that went up to the bottom of her ears. Her eyes were also a dark hazel. "Hello," I said. 

  "Hi. Are you okay?" she asked.

  "Yeah. Why do you ask?" I replied hesitantly. 

  "Are you watching the news?"

  "Not anymore. Is everything okay?" I asked with a worried voice.

  "Just turn on the new. I have to go. Bye." She then hung up the phone.

  I couldn't help but wonder what that was all about. I grabbed the remote off my lap and turned back on the TV.

  "This girl came into a grocery store early this morning around 10:30 holding a knife. She then grabbed the closest child and threatened to slit her throat if anyone came close. She proceeded to walk out of the store and run off carrying the child. Police are doing everything they can to locate the child and the girl. If you know who she is then please go to the police immediately." The news reporter spoke in a slightly panicked voice. She wore a bright red sweater and had red hair that was held up in a bun.

  A close up of the girl filled the screen. She had golden blonde hair that went down to her legs with fair skin and bright green eyes. The part that didn't make sense about all of this was that... the girl on the screen... was me.

  I picked up the phone and entered Donna's number. She answered quickly. "I watched the news. I don't know how it's possible. I was on the phone with you."

  "It doesn't make sense to me either. That's why I called you. I don't know how this happened, but if you show the police your phone records you should be fine. I can come over if you want."

"Thankyou."

"I'll be there in ten. See you soon. I'll text you when I get there so you know it's me."

***

  About ten minutes later Donna knocked on the door and followed with the promised message that read "I'm here."

  "Okay. Now let's call the police." I nodded and let her inside. We were both twelve, however, unlike me Donna always had a plan.

  We dialed 911 on the house phone. "911 what's your emergency," the operator asked. From the voice I could tell she was female.

  "Hello. I'm Siren Rose, the girl in the photo of the grocery store," I said with a shaky voice.