Publicity Stunt

Chapter Forty One

*Ashton's POV from the same day*

A lot of stuff has been happening throughout this week. There is some things that has happened that I personally do not want to go along with. But...I just..I have too.

I haven't spoken to Maisie throughout this week.

On Monday, John introduced us to Stefanie Scott. At first I had no idea who she was. But we got talking and we became pretty close. So close that John practically called us a 'couple'.

Even the paparazzi catches pictures of us together, and causing more drama.
Each day of the week, John kept on telling me what I had to do. At first, I wasn't going to go through with it. But everyday he's talking to me, and its weird, but he seems to be right, and it makes sense.

I really need to have a talk with Maisie. But I don't have the balls to talk first.
I was in my room at the moment, and I heard my phone ringing.

I walked towards it, and saw that it was Maisie calling. I didn't want to answer straight away, to make her think that I'm desperate.
I left it till the last ring, and answered.

"Hi." I said blunty. I wanted to make sure that she gets the point.

"Hi." Maisie replied back, but with a sigh. I think she knows.

There was an awkward silence between both of us.

"Ashton...are you okay?" Maisie asked. With that pause, I knew she just wanted answers.

I should just break it to her.

"Ugh..look Maisie...I've had some time to think...and.." I paused. I honestly have no idea how to tell her.

"I-I'm breaking up with you." I said.

"W-what?" She spoke loudly.

"You fucking heard me, Maisie." I said aggressively. I have never swarn to Maisie before, I didn't like want to, but I had to. I just had to.

"Why the hell are you swearing at me?" She said back fast.

Before I could reply back, Stefanie walked into my room.

"Babe...who you talking too?" Stefanie asked. I think Maisie heard.

"To that slut, just breaking it between us, it didn't even mean anything. It was something to do during my time off." I said, hoping Maisie heard every word.

Me and Stefanie both started to laugh.

"Yeah..she is a slut, isn't she?" I agreed with her.

"You know what Ashton, you can go fuck yourself. Don't you dare ever try and get in contact with me again. I wish I never met you!" Maisie yelled. I have never heard Maisie swear to me before..no..to anyone before.

I was startled to hear her outburst, but I quickly recovered.

I snickered. "Do you think your little pathetic words will hurt me? I meant everything I just said then. I don't even know why I liked you." I shot back.

"You know what...just piss off." Maisie said whilst ending the call straight away.

I placed my phone down and just sat on the corner of the bed. To be honest, I have no idea what just happened.

Stefanie came close to me, and sat next to me and started making patterns on my shoulder.

"Are you coming round mine tonight?" She asked. "No." Is all I said and walked back to the living room was.

"Fine." Stefanie said whilst picking up her stuff anf left. I know that was mean, but I can't even process what is happening right now.

I sat down next to Michael and sighed. "You alright, mate?" Michael asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Come one Ash, tell us whats up." Calum said.

"I-I broke up with Maisie." I said.

"Finally!" Luke said. I faced him and gave him evils.

"What? We all hate her, right?" Luke said. We all just looked at each other and kind of agreed with each other.

What has John done, he basically brainwashed us.

"Okay..so lets all text her one last time, so she will definately stop talking to us." Luke said.

Is this Luke? I don't even know who he is anymore.