I Wish We Were

Chapter Thirty Six

It was actually really fun having the all nighter with Logan. It put my mind off Ashton not being here.

I walked up to my room and placed my phone into the dock and let it charged whilst playing music, I mean, who doesn't do that?

Then my speakers made a funny sound. That's never happened before.

I quickly ran towards them, and saw I had an incoming call. It was Ashton.

"Hello" I said.

"Heyy beautifully, how are you?" Ashton asked.

I missed his voice, even though he's been gone for like a day. Man, I sound like a clingy girlfriend.

Trust me, I'm not.

"Heyy Ashton, I'm good thank you, and how are youuuu? So have you landed in LA?" I sang.

I heard him giggle. You wouldn't think that he's 19...but he is.

"I'm good thanks, now that I can hear you, and yeah, just landed actually. I'm really tired." He said whilst yawning.

"Oh...I can go, I'll let you rest Ash-"

"no! I called you because I want to talk, and please, I can sleep any time." Ashton said.

I laughed. "Sure you can." I heard Michael say in the background. This just made me laugh even more.

"Fuck off Michael." Ashton said loudly.

"Sorry Maisie." Ashton apologised.

"It's okay Ashton." I said whilst laughing. I wish I was there.

"Oi...stop...give that back..."

"Yo yo yo, it's DJ Lukeymeboi, how's my little Mai?" Luke said acting all gangster.

"Waddup my peep! And I'm not little, you're just a giant. And I'm goood, you??" I asked.

"I'm good. Just annoyed with Ashton because I keep hearing non-stop blabbering from him saying that he misses you...blah blah blah." Luke said.

"Give me my phone!" I heard Ashton in the background.

"Here, Calum...CATCH!" Luke yelled.

They're so childish. It's unbelievable.

"MAIIIIIII!" Calum screamed through the phone.

"CALUMMMM!" I copied.

"So...how's it hanging?" Calum asked.

"You're so weird Cal. And I'm fine. You?" I asked.

"I'm gooood, miss you though." He said. I paused.

"Give me the phone."

"Sorry about that Maisie, they're just a bunch of dicks." Ashton said.

I laughed awkwardly. "It's okay Ash." I replied.

"So, what time is it there?" Ashton asked.

"It's 10:47am." I said.

"WHATT?! It's 5 in the evening here." He said.

"At least we're both awake." I said whilst laughing.

"Yeah." He said, but then I heard a voice in the background.

"Heyy guys, Ashton, who are you talking to?....I thought I told you to-" the call ended.

Well that was weird. That voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.