Rehearsal

Chapter Six

*Ashton's POV*

We all walked into my house and went straight into my room. I sat on my drum kit and I stared across my room, all the boys were just staring at me, and giving me a funny look. Did I do something to make them snicker? Last I recall, we spoke to Maisie, that's it.

"What?" I said whilst getting up and walking towards my window. I looked out as they seem to be all looking in that direction, but there was nothing outside.

"Nothing, Mr Lover Boy." Luke and Michael said at once.

"Oh shut up. Anyway, what song are we going to cover or are we going to write a new song?" I asked as I was walking back to my drums. I hope we're writing because lately I've been thinking of some good beats to use for our upcoming album.

"I know, let's sing Hung Up by Hot Chelle Rae!" Calum said with enthusiasm. It was a good song, but I'd rather write and discuss our own music.

"Yeah, that's a good song." Luke said whilst looking out of my window.

"Luke, what are you doing?" I asked holding my laugh in, he looked so lost. I don't know why he keeps looking outside, there's no one out there.

"Sorry, I was in my own world." Luke said whilst shaking his head.

"One, Two, One Two Three Four!" I said whilst banging my drumsticks together.

"I'm not usually the type of guy to call twice, and leave a message everytime." Luke sang.

"That's quite alright

And most days I just dust them off like that

Girls text me, you're the only one I text back

Cause you know where the party's at." Michael sang.

"And I'm like, yeaaah

Everything you heard is true

Everybody knows I'm hung up on you (oh oh oh)

And I'm like, yeaaah

Telling other girls I'm through

Everybody knows I'm hung up on you." We all sang.

After the song, we had a little break.

"Hey let's go in the garden." I suggested. I mean, it's more spacious outside, and we'd give the neighbours a break from our loud singing and instrument playing.

"Alright." The boys said. We all walked back downstairs and went into the garden. I saw my mum getting the barbecue out. I wonder why she's taking it out, it's kind of late to have one now at three in the afternoon with no guests.

"Mum, what are you doing?" I asked whilst pointing at the barbecue.

"Oh, just getting it ready for the weekend Ash." Mum said whilst dragging it.

"What's happening on the weekend?" I asked worriedly.

"We're having a barbecue, it's more like a welcome party for the Jones'." Mum said whilst releasing a sigh from carting the barbecue out from the shed.