Its For The Best

Chapter Sixty Eight

*Maisie's POV*

"Are you really going Mai?" Mum held onto her tears. I nodded. "B-but why Mai? You've always wanted to go to Australia and now that we're here you're leaving." Mum cried. I hugged her to calm her down. "Mum. I'm really grateful that we moved here. It's made me mature and grow a lot. I've experienced things that I would have never done. I'm eighteen. And I have saved up my own money to go back to England. It's not for good. I just want to spend some time there." I replied.

"But you're my child, Mai." She wiped away her tears. "I will always be you're little girl mum. I'll be fine. I'll be staying with the Bakers. I'll call or message you everyday. It's not like I'm going to be living there forever." I let out a small laugh. "I know Mai. It's just that, that you're going to be away for a really long time. Do you really need to stay in England for six months?" She looked worried. I nodded.

"George, please back me up here." My mum pleaded. "Julie, Mai is eighteen. I don't want her to go as well, but she is an adult. And she's not going away forever." My dad smiled weekly. "I don't know why you're acting like I never told you. We've talked about this for weeks now." I let out a laugh. "I know Maisie, it's just it's coming closer to the day that you're going." My mum sighed.

"Mum I'll be fine. I'm staying at your best friends house. You don't need to worry." I smiled. "I know honey." She gave a proper smile. "Let's finish your packing then." Mum replied.

-

I took a break from packing because it was so boring. I heard my phone buzz. I walked towards it and saw that I got a new message.

From: Ashton Irwin
Can we meet up in ten?

I stared at the screen. I don't know if I want to. I mean, if I see him again, I'll end up staying here. I'm not saying that he is the reason that I am going back to England. I want to go back because I miss it, and it will be nice to be away from so much drama that has happened from the past events.

To: Ashton Irwin
I can't, sorry :(

From: Ashton Irwin
Please? It won't take long :-)

Should I?

To: Ashton Irwin
Okay. I have something to say when I see you

I placed my phone back down and made my way outside to meet Ashton. I walked out and say on the curb of the street.

"Jones." He called out. He's never called me by my last name like that before. "Irwin." I smiled. He came and sat down next to me. I leaned my head onto his shoulder. "I'm sorry." He says. "I'm sorry too." I didn't look up at him. I just savoured the moment. "So what did you want to tell me?" He asked. I swallowed hard to think of what to say.

"I'm going back to England." I said. He could feel him tense up. But no words came out of him, so I continued. "I'm going away for a while." I said calmly. "And I'd like to say something." I smiled. "Why are you smiling for? You're leaving. That shouldn't be a happy thing Maisie." Ashton moved his shoulder so I wasn't leaning on him any more.

"Do you know why I'm smiling Ashton?" I snapped. "Because you don't have to see me right?" He got up and walked back into his garden. "No! I'm smiling because I'm going to remember all the things that we have been through." I replied. He turned around and looked at me. I walked up and we were split apart by the fence.

"I'm really thankful and grateful with our experience. Ashton, the day I first me you, I embarrassed myself right in front of a really hot dude." I let out a giggle which caused him to smile. "Well I thought you were hot too." He reached his hand out for me to hold on to.

"You were so sweet and kind to me. Apart from the mean times, but what relationship is perfect, right?" I said. "You're going to be the hardest person to forget. And not in that way. It's just that you've had such an impact in my life, that it will be pretty weird that you won't be in it anymore." I sighed.

"It doesn't have to be that way Mai. Don't leave. Stay here." He pleaded. "I can't Ash, if I stay, we'll just argue more." I replied. I don't want to say that I'm only going for six months, because I don't want him to wait. I want Ashton to move on and be happy.

"We won't Mai. Like you said, it's in the future. Anything can happen in the future." He looked upset. "Ashton. Anything can happen, but maybe we're not in each other's future." I suggested. "How would you know?" He said bluntly. "I don't." I let go of his hand. "No." He yelled. He wrapped his arms around me and leaned in for one last kiss. I'm going to miss his soft lips. His scent, his cute little giggles, his amazing voice which needs to be heard of more as he is amazing.

"I love you Maisie." He looked down at me. "I love you to Ashton." I smiled up at him.

"T-then don't leave me." I whimpered. "I'm not leaving, it's just a farewell." I gave a weak smile. "Don't you go away on me Maisie. Please." I said quietly. "Bye Ashton." I walked back into my house.

I felt some tears running down my cheek. I rubbed them away. It's for the best. "Mai honey, why are you crying?" Dad hugged me. "I-I told Ashton." I cried. "But he knows you'll be back afterwards. "I-I didn't t-tell him." I stuttered. "Why not honey?" Dad asked. "So he can move on." I sighed. Dad didn't reply after that. He just hugged me tighter and we made our way back and finished packing my suitcases.

I should message the guys but hopefully in a way that they won't suspect that I'm leaving. I'll message them individually.

To: Michael Clifford
Hey Michael, thank you :)

To: Luke Hemmings
Hey Luke, thank you :-)

To: Calum Hood
Hey Calum, I'd like to say thank you for everything. You're an awesome friend! :)

Short and weird. But I didn't want to make it obvious for them all.

I soon got their replies back.

From: Michael Clifford
Hey Mai, um you're welcome, but why are you thanking me? Hah :)

From: Luke Hemmings
Hey Mai, what did I do? Hah, and that's my smiley face :-P

From: Calum Hood
Hey Mai, what's wrong? Is something wrong? You're an amazing friend too, but seriously what's up? Did Ashton do something again? x

To: Michael Clifford
Because you've been a really nice guy, and I've never really had the chance to say it :) x

To: Luke Hemmings
You've been an awesome friend, and I've never really known how to say it hah, and chill dude, I'll have my face then :P x

And lastly;

To: Calum Hood
Nothing's wrong Calum :) I just wanted you to know that I like being your friend. And that you're really awesome, and no, Ashton didn't do anything :'D x

I smiled and turned my phone off. I turned it off and placed it in the side zipper of my luggage. I laid down on my bed and thought to myself, I'm actually leaving this place. Not or good though, but for now, I am really go back home.