Do You Need Help

Chapter Three

"Yes!" I said with excitement. I finished unpacking everything, I thought that this day would never come. It literally took us two weeks to finally get settled down in our new house. I grabbed my last empty box and I headed outside. I opened the front door and saw the sun shining, it was a beautiful day. I think I can get used to this weather here.

I walked up to the gate and opened it and slowly headed towards the rubbish bins. I noticed that it was too close to next door so I put the box in the bin and then I pulled the bin closer towards my house.

I jumped as I saw a dog come up against the fence. "Aw, you're a cutie aren't you?" I said in a high pitched voice. I walked closer towards the dog and started stroking it. It was so cute, I wish mum and dad would get a dog, but my mum doesn't like them, well she does, but she doesn't like animal hair in the house. She said that it's too much hassle to clean. Her loss.

"She's cute isn't she?" A guy said. I nodded, I looked up and saw that it was my neighbour, Ashton. This couldn't be more embarrassing, just casually wearing a shirt and shorts with spongebob all over it. No biggy. I blushed and just before I could say anything, Ashton opened the gate and all I saw was his dog running up towards me.

I crouched down and started stroking his dog, its so cute. I heard him laugh, I looked up and he was grinning at me at me. Why was he grinning?

"I like your spongebob shirt and short." He said whilst giggling. I laughed awkwardly with him and blushed. That explains why he was grinning at me. I hope he can't see me blush. That would be embarrassing. "Thanks I guess." I said with confusion.

"Come on Indie." Ashton said. Aww that's cute. I felt awkward because it went all quiet, so I slowly wondered back to my garden. "Are you all settled down now?" He asked as he leant against the fence. I nodded shyly. I don't know why I'm not talking. It's like my tongue is frozen. I felt like a puppet. "How have you been finding it here? Since you've been here for a couple of weeks." He smiled. I can never get used to his smile. It's just so happy that it makes you smile as well. "It's been good. I haven't been out though." I laughed shyly. "You should check out town. They have a pretty neat mall there." He nodded. I just nodded to his response. I'll probably go to town with mum or dad. If I'll go, I'll probably get lost.

"What are you up to today, Maisie?" He said just after I shut my gate. I glared at him. "Don't call me Maisie." I said as a joke. "And nothing really, I might paint my room, what about you?" I replied. "Ah that's cool, and nothing really, do you need any help with painting your room?" He said casually. Why did he want to help me for? We barely know each other. It's a sweet gesture as he's my neighbour and all, but he's basically a stranger to me, and allowing a complete stranger in your house is a major no.

Just before I could answer, my dad came up behind me. "Ashton, that would be brilliant if you can do that, because Mai's mum and I were going to go shopping, but we were going to help Mai paint her room, but it would be great if you can help her." He said with a thrill. Has everyone gone completely crazy? He could be a serial killer for all we know. It's not likely, but who knows these days.

"Dad." I moaned at him. "What dear? He can help you whilst your mother and I are out." He said in a firm tone. "Thanks sir." Ashton said with a smile across his face, a smile that you can't forget, its cute because when he smiles he has one dimple on the side of his cheek.

"It's alright, and call me George." Dad said calmly. That's weird, he never usually lets people call him George, apart from his friends and family. "Mai, me and your mother may take a while, there's some paint in the back garden, and some brushes in the shed, bye dear, bye Ashton." Dad said casually. I can't believe that dad is alright with the idea of leaving me alone with a complete stranger. Yeah, we've been neighbours for two weeks, but still, we only know each other by first name basis.

I walked into my house, but when I turned around, Ashton was still standing in his garden. "You can come in Ashton." I said shyly. I wish I was good with small talk, but unfortunately I'm a shy person. He smiled and awkwardly walked his way into my house. We walked through my house and then to my garden, he seemed to be lost because he was acting like he doesn't know where he is. Well, it's true as he's never been in this house before. We were walking in silence. All you could hear was out feet hitting the floor as we walked.

I searched around my garden and then saw the paint, but it was placed really high. I couldn't reach it. I jumped and I still couldn't reach it. "Do you need any help?" Ashton asked whilst he let out a little giggle, his laugh is so cute, its that type of laugh that makes you want to laugh along as well. What am I saying?

"Yes please." I said quietly whilst blushing, why does he make me blush so much? He leaned over me and reached for the paint. Whilst he was getting the paint I could smell his aftershave, he smelt really good. Boys who smell good are 100% more attractive. I mean a donkey's butt could smell like an aftershave and I would be head over heals. Stop it Mai, you don't know him. He handed me the paint. "So where are the brushes?" Ashton questioned.

"I think they're in the shed, I'll get it." I said whilst walking towards the shed. I opened the shed and saw the brushes, I reached my hands towards it and got it. I walked out the shed and shut the door, but when I came out I just saw Ashton standing on the grass just waiting. I could tell that he was a bit nervous. Well who wouldn't, if they're in someone else's house. "You could have sat in the living room if you wanted to." I said playfully. He blushed. Wow, I made him blush, that's weird.

I walked back into my house and we headed upstairs to my room. We walked in and I saw Ashton eyes widen. "What?" I said worriedly. "Nothing, its just that there's no colour to your room. It just plain." He said sadly. "That's why we're painting, silly." I said whilst poking my tongue out. I walked towards my desk and picked up some old newspapers and I started to lay each page on the floor, I did this so that no paint will get on my floor. I then picked up the paint and I pulled the lid, but it wouldn't come off. "Do you need some help?" Ashton asked. "Yes please." I said quickly. I stepped backed and watched him open the paint. "There you go." He said proudly. How did he open it so easily? "Thanks, I loosened it up for you." I said whilst putting my hands on my hips, to try and prove my point even though we all know that I have no upper body strength. "Sure you did Maisie." Ashton said sarcastically. When will this boy stop calling me Maisie?

••••••••••

A/N - I didn't really edit much in this chapter. Just a added a few bits.