Chapter 9

The moment they were out of view of the hospital room, Percy whirled around and grabbed Damon roughly by the collar of his shirt and dragged him down the hall, the vampire chocked at the grip

She was strong. Very strong.

"Percy- Perce- breathe! I need to breathe!" He choked out, the girl did not release her grip until she came across a supply closet, opening the door she tossed him inside, the vampire collided with a bunch of mops and brooms.

Percy stepped in slamming the closet closed behind her and locking it.

Damon stood up straight, looking at the girl wearily. Flinching at the glare she had pinned him down with.

"Uh, hey Percy..." he said drawing out her name as he looked at her like a kid who was about to be scolded.

"Don't you dare, 'hey Percy' me!" She spat angrily, Pointing a long nimble finger in his direction and Damon gulped. He wouldn't admit it but when Percy looked at him like she is now, he was sure he shit his pants. Just a little.

He cleared his throat striaghtening, "SO you wanted to talk lets talk." He spoke in hopes to reel what was happening into his control.

"Vampires," she spat simply her glare menacing, Damon winced before nodding his head, "Vampires," he confirmed.

She nodded her head simply, holding her chin looking down at the large clunky boot on her foot. "And you're one of them?"

"And I'm one of them," he confirmed again, his blue eyes trained on her, watching her cautiously.

"Klaus?" she breathed the question shakily.

"Not just a vampire. he's one of the original vampires, with a little mutt on the side," he told her, she looked up clasping her hands at the back her neck. "You don't sparkle in the sun, do you?"

"No, we burn."

"I've seen you in the sun before."

"I gotta nifty little ring, from a judgy little witch," he told and she looked up at him.

"I don't like being lied to Damon."

Damon sighed, feeling a pang of sudden guilt as he looks at his new friend who was looking anywhere but him at the moment, "It normally ends up with me hurt or someone I care about hurt or dead. My mom, the baby and Paul are in that hurt category, they could have ended up in the dead category. So, I'm going to ask you one more question and you better answer me honestly or so help me Hades," she spoke barely above a whisper, Damon nodded his head slowly ignoring the input of Hades in her sentence.

"Was it you?"

Damon shook his head almost immediately, "No."

"Do you know who did it?"

He stread at watching as her eyes slipped closed. Hoping that he didn't, hoping that if he did he'd be honest with her,

"Yes," he answered quietly.