Kiss of death

Lucy's eyes slowly opened as she peered up at Natsu. A blush covering her cheeks as she realized she was laying in his lap. She bolted out of his lap as quickly as she could manage. She held her head down not meeting his eyes not looking at anyone as guilt held her shoulders down.

" Hey, Luce what happened ?"

A voice rang out and slowly she looked up at Natsu he held a worried look on his face as he reached out to hold her hand slowly bringing her closer to him. Hugging her deeply she felt herself crumble as tears fell from her and a sob broke from her lips

" Natsu we left Captain there how could I be so weak !"

Natsu shook his head

" your so strong Luce even when I was weak don't you dare call yourself weak! You got that

!" Lucy nodded silently avoiding his eyes as she finally looked up at Merlin

" is Elizabeth going to be ok?"

She said her eyes settling on the girl on Merlin's lap. With a curt nod, Merlin smiled.

" we're in the next city anyway. And you have something to explain to me !"

The train slowly came to a stop and everyone gathered there belongings and exited the train Natsu happy to be off the death train as he likes to put it.

" what's our next action who are you guys going after ?"

Lucy said finding Merlin's eyes.

" don't bother with that honey you need to recover let's head to the nearest hotel ."

Lucy silently nodded as she fell in step with Natsu a smile peeking through her lips.

" Hey, Natsu let's go explore!"

She said grabbing his arm and dashing off. Natsu grinned as he dashed after her.
Moments passed as the two laughed and explored the huge city.

But

happiness can only be brief.

Can't it

Natsu didn't see it coming neither of them did as a little girl crashed towards them. Grabbing Lucy as she floated up her skin still burned badly as she looked down a scream left Lucy's lips catching Natsu's attention. His eyes widening in fear as he looked up to see a knife plunged into Lucy's stomach as she fell no descended like an angel into his arms. He held her and agonizing hate and sorrow rushed through him as her lips moved but she didn't say a word and the little girl was gone. He cursed the wind. As Merlin ran towards him as he heard her yell but he didn't he could only hear his own heartbeat as tears poured from his eyes and hate and rage churned in his stomach but then.

" Natsu I love you..." 

his heart stopped and slowly he bent down and he kissed her. And he repeated

" I love you. Don't you die on me please ."

And Lucy stilled and his heart stopped. As Merlin spell fell over Lucy. And Natsu couldn't tell if she was alive or dead.