I shook my head and gave him a disappointed frown. "You never fail to amaze me, Mendes. I think you forget that I rightfully earned my place as a Mendes too" I walked over to him and sat on his lap, facing him. I placed my hands on his bare chest and slid them up to his jaw, which I traced with my fingertips. Shawn tensed up and I could feel his breathing quicken. I brought my mouth close to his, our lips barely touching.

I then quickly got off of him and slapped his thighs with my hands. "Let's go to the ocean" I grabbed the bottle of sunscreen from our suitcase and walked out of the room.

"Ugh" He whined, getting up from the bed. "You still continue to be the biggest tease I know"

I smiled to myself as I went into the living area and opened the sliding glass door that led to the beach. Shawn followed behind me and we both went to the shaded area that was already set up for us. A huge umbrella towered above two beach chairs with towels placed on top of them.

I laid on a beach chair and let the soft hot breeze go through me as I looked out at the blue ocean. I turned my head to look at Shawn and he was putting sunscreen on his arms. He finished and looked up at me. "Help me with my back?" He handed me the bottle of sunscreen.

Shawn scooted down the beach chair and I sat with my legs tucked under me behind him. I put some sunscreen onto his hand and massaged it onto his back.

I poked at a dark spot on his back. "You have a birthmark on your back?"

He turned around to look at me. "'Mhm. All my life"

I turned around on the chair so he can see my back and lifted the back of my bikini bra so he could see the entirety of my back. "I have one too" I pushed it back down and turned back around.

"We have matching birthmarks?" Shawn chuckled.

"I guess we do? What are the chances, huh?" I put on some sunscreen and then Shawn and I went out into the ocean. Unlike the oceans in California, the waters were calm and they softly went up the tide. We walked into the water and it was surprisingly warm.

Shawn and I walked hand in hand as we went deeper in. We stopped when Shawn was waist deep and the water reached a little above my stomach.

"Did you know" Shawn spoke. "If you have a birthmark in the same place as someone, they're more likely to be your soulmate?"

I squeezed his hands and looked up at him since he was taller than me. "Oh really? Who said that?"

"Me of course. Who else?"

I scrunched my nose at him and shook my head. We continued to go further into the ocean to the point where the water reached my shoulders and Shawn's chest.

"I'm going to drown here"

"You aren't going to drown. Here" He pulled me towards him and lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist.

"Thank you" I smiled, rested my forehead on his, and closed my eyes, taking everything in. I opened them again and his honey eyes were staring back at me, his lips curled.

"Don't kill me" He whispered under his breath.

"Hmm?" I asked in confusion when he suddenly tickled my stomach and this caused me to let go of him and fall into the warm water.

I swam back up and glared at him. "What'd you do that for?!"

"I just proved that you weren't going to drown" He was laughing.

"You're funny" I nodded my head. "Come here" I motioned my hands. I placed my arms around his neck and kissed him as if there was no tomorrow. My hands slid down to his shoulders where I gave him a little push that caught him off guard and caused him to fall into the water.