51.

Alex version
The funeral was hard for me. That day when I lost my best friend, my love. Today was the day I wasn't going to love anyone else like I did with Jace. His mother was pressuring me to move to Australia. What I was supposed to do. I have no one else here in LA. I was packing well almost done packing up. I told Jace's mother I will agree to moved to Australia but to another home and when the girls are older I'm moving back to LA.

Today I was going to talk with Gerald. He has been there for us lately after I was in the hospital for weeks after the accident. He took Anastasia with him and it wasn't even his job. Maggie didn't want him to take Anastasia with him or Ayla. Ayla I couldn't say no because that's his daughter but Anastasia I should've of been saying no to him but I didn't want to deal with anything. I told him he was welcome to my house to talk. I was waiting at the couch. He walks in. "Hey."
"Can we talk?" He closed the door and walks to the living room "Gerald, umm I just wanted to tell you thank you for taking care of Anastasia for me while I was a the hospital recovering and yesterday at the funeral. And can you thank yasmin for me."
"I didn't have a problem or Yasmin didn't have any problem to do so. And of course. But what was it do important that you had to tell me?"
"I'm moving to Australia. With the girls." He was quiet "please say something."
"Why Australia?"
"I promised Jace's mother I would have Anastasia close to them. And I can't separate Ayla from her or myself. You know how much she loves Anastasia."
"And you think by separating me and Ayla would be perfect for you?"
"No it's not. It wasn't my choice Gerald. I lost someone that I loved for my fault. If I didn't tell him to drive home on the short way he would be alive now but no I was the one who killed him that night." I was crying but I calmed myself down "I told her if I moved to Australia with her, I get a house so I can live with the girls and I should come back when their older."
"Alex, I'm going to miss everything of Ayla. Her first day of school, basically everything her whole life."
"Let me finish, I talked with the lawyer, we both have joint custody over Ayla meaning you can take her with you without supervision and visit at anytime you want. As a parent I don't want you to miss anything that involves Ayla. I know how much you love her."
"Look Alex im sorry for everything I have done to you. Man I wished I didn't fucked up in the past." He grabs my hand "we would've been living this life together happily."
"Gerald." He kisses me. I forgot how his lips felt "I can't do this to Jace. Please. Do it for Ayla."
"Fine. Guessing that's the agreement. You sure you'll be back?"
"Yes, that's my plan. I promise you Ayla will be back." We just stood there "I'm sorry."
"No it's fine you have nothing to apologize." He leaves.

The lawyer came in to talk to me about changing my last name. After Gerald left. I wasn't going to change my last name. I'm the only thing that Anastasia has. I want that pat of Jace to stay with me.

Today was the day. Maggie and our friends came to say goodbye to us. It was a painful way. Maggie drove us to the airport. Gerald Met Ayla there to say goodbye. I see the tears on his face when he was saying goodbye to his daughter. I told Maggie to forget her differences between him. But she didn't want to. She left and said goodbye to us. Gerald stood there and looked at me while I was holding Anastasia. He didn't say goodbye to me but then left.

We were in the plane. Ayla was looking at the window. "Mommy, am I ever going to see daddy again?"
"Yes baby, daddy will fly to our house and you get to go with daddy at his house. Whenever you want. Then when you and Anastasia are bigger we move back home. We're just staying with grandma for a while Okay."
"Okay mommy." She was calmer. It was hard to tell he the truth to my daughter about everything.

I hope I get to see everyone again.