34.

Gerald version
I feel so so guilty. Guilt is what I have. I'm just like my father. Abandoning my child for four years. Shit I'm the worst father. She seems very happy and well raised with Alex.

Today my daughter is turning four. All this time I should've been there with them. But no I decided to live this life with Halsey.

Halsey version
My plan has worked very well for the last four years. I wouldn't let Gerald run towards her. Yes the child is his but I know him. He doesn't want that.

One amazing week in LA before I leave to a festival in Michigan. That same week the child is turning four. I was in the master room getting ready since I planned out the whole night, just us.

I wanted to ask him to marry me. Why not? We've been together for a long time.

I was applying my YSL lipstick. Gerald walks out of the closet.
"Hi baby." He was dressed in black. "I love when you're wearing all black."
"Yeah." He answered not paying attention "I gotta go."
"What about tonight?"
"Reschedule it." He was looking for something "Have you seen like a bag that has a sign that says Happy Birthday. I swear I must of put it in the closet yesterday."
"Not a clue ger." Oh that gift? Yeah I put it in the trash. "Was it important?"
"Uh yeah. That was a gift for Matt's cousin." I know you Gerald you want to go to your daughters birthday.
"Don't lie. You want to leave to the party. Why? Like why?"
"Because she's my daughter Ashley. Why don't you understand that! Ayla Marie is my daughter!"
"Then if she IS your daughter why the fuck she never said anything or called you!"
"She's just a kid!"
"I mean the mother!"
"I'm giving her space!"
"Space or you still in love with her!?" He's gets quiet and doesn't respond "I knew it. You never let that die in you." I began to tear up
"You never understood, I always had to do what you wanted but when it's me you're not the same."
"I do!"
"You never shown me!"
"Stop! Stop yelling at me! Go leave! Be with her! You never loved me. Always lied to me, cheated on me, and I decided to stay with you because I love you but I guess I shouldn't now. Tonight was going to be MY NIGHT! I was going to ask you to marry me."
"You shouldn't because you know I won't stop loving Alex."
"Fuck you Gerald Gillum."
"Where's the gift?" I walked to the closet to get the gift. I had it hide in drawers. I get the gift and threw it to him
"Here's your fucking gift. And don't worry I'm leaving forever."

That night I left what I loved the most.

Gerald version
Yup Ashley broke up with me. I don't care honestly. Matt was waiting for me outside. Hope everything goes well.
"Ready?" Matt looks at me
"Yeah. Nervous to see Alex again. Haven't seen her in a long time. And to meet my daughter."
"It's normal bro."
"Has Alex been dating anyone recently? Or married to someone?"
"No, she's focusing on her work and Ayla."
"yeah I can tell. Modeling has been a good thing for Alex."
"Ayla looks like Alex but she acts like you. Sometimes."
"Wait, it's Ayla or Ayla Marie?"
"Just Ayla for short."
"Okay."

The new place where Alex was staying was more father and more closed neighborhood. Modeling did paid off well.

Holy shit. I thought it was a simple house like the others we drove by but this is a fucking palace. Then Matt seen my face. "This is where they live?"
"I know right. Wait till you see the back." We get out of the car. So many balloons of pink and fairies kinda of party. "Alex did it big this year."

We walked to the back of the house. This was bigger than my house.
"Matt!" I seen Jessica she ran towards him. She hugs him and kisses him. Then she looks at me with disgust. "Why did you bring him? Especially now in Ayla's birthday. Alex will get pissed."
"Don't worry about me Jess, I'm just here to give this gift to Ayla then I'm gone."
"No G." He stops me. "You're right. This is to soon but Gerald was begging me and i had talked to Alex she is some what Okay."
"Okay?" She asked confuse then she heard Alex call her "I gotta go but we're not done here." She leaves us.
Matt looks at me "don't do anything stupid and ruining Ayla's birthday."
"I'm not. I have guilt in me."

Alex sees me and Matt. she walks towards us. By the looks of it, she's not happy not a little to see me. "Matt what the fuck is he doing here?" she looks art me pissed. She's way more beautiful in person. "And now is the best and fucking perfect time to actually see or have the balls to meet your daughter!"

Matt pushes her away from me. "hes not here to fight or cause a sense."
"and you're defending him?"
"no, but Alex is Ayla's birthday."
"yeah a great fucking time to meet her! and now on her birthday! Matt this is WAY to soon for her. She thinks her father is dead."
"because you told her" i asked
"yes! i did! i did it because i was protecting her from you! she does deserve a father like you." she walks away.

i stayed a little longer in the party. All of Alex's friends were staring at me with disgust since they know I'm the father. Matt gave me company most of the time but since hes the godfather he wanted to spend time with Ayla. I left the party a little sooner before it actually ended. As i was walking out i heard a little voice. A shy voice. "hi." I turned around. she was wearing a dressed in a pink dress. her head was looking down. i bend down my knees so i could be in her height.
"hey there. are you lost?" she nodded no. "where are your parents?" she shrugged.
"um, do you know where is my daddy?" she asked me. Okay that one did hurt me. "i am waiting for my daddy because he prowmised he was coming because its my birthday." i began to tear up.
"i um i honestly don't know but if i see him, I'll tell him that his princess is waiting for him."
She smiled "okay! thank you. whats your name?"
"Gerald. whats your name?" then i heard Alex.
"AYLA!" she scoops up Ayla. "are you okay baby? did he hurt you?"
"No Alex i would never hurt a child."
"mama i was just asking gerwald if he seen my daddy? but i'm okay."
"plus i was leaving." i looked at Ayla one last time before i left. "happy birthday Ayla."
"wait!" Alex yelled. "i guess she should know the truth."
"no Alex! he deserve to be around Ayla. he didn't even cared to be with her especially the day she was born." her sister told her. Oh hi maggot. nice to see you.
"Alex don't torture yourself. this man doesn't care, not even a bit." a friend of alex told her.
"Its my decision first of all and secondly Ayla should know the truth. His and mine version."