Chapter 16; Tea

Brad's point of view; 

"Brad?" Sophie asked, the door pushed open and she walked in.

Her eyes scanned the room and she say the laptop, looking at me before making a lurch for it. She got there before I did and sat on the edge of the bed opening the lid, the screen lit up showing my recent transaction with trainline.

"You're going home?" She asked, scrolling down the page.

I nodded and reached for the laptop, just as Joe came in with a cup of tea. Slamming the lid down I put the laptop next to me and took the mug from Joe.

"So how are you feeling?" He asked avoiding Emily altogether.

"Not too bad actually." I said, taking a gulp of tea. 

Emily was watching me, waiting for me to tell Joe I was going home. I shook my head slightly and she exhaled loudly, glaring more. 

"Brad, you need to be more careful." Joe said gently. "The boys are worried about you and you know..." He trailed off, as if he was leaving out some information.

Of course he was. I knew he was but he wasn't going to say it infront of Emily. 

"Right well, I'm off out so Brad have a safe trip home tomorrow and have fun catching up with Jeff and I guess I'll see you when you're back." Emily said standing up and walking to the door. 

"Home tomorrow? What?" Joe said looking at Emily properly for the first time then me. 

Emily left the room throwing me a smirk. I rubbed the back of my neck and felt Joe's eyes bore into me, waiting for me to speak. 

"Brad?"

"I- err..- I have an appointment on Monday." I said, avoiding his eyes.

"When will you be back?" He asked.

"Tuesday or Wednesday?" I mumbled. 

"Brad, you are aware that the band have interviews planned?" He said. 

Guilt and anger seeped through me. 

"I didn't ask to get beaten up Joe!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not saying you did! I'm just saying you're leaving them at a critical time." He said. 

"You know what Joe? Go take your anger out on Emily, she's the one you're mad at, not me! I didn't ask to get my face knocked in, I had enough of that before!" I snapped my voice rising. 

"Fine!" Joe said walking out the room. 

I pushed the duvet away from me and gingerly placed my feet to the ground, lifting myself up I hobbled to my suitcase and began putting things in the bag. About 5 minutes into packing, James appeared at my door. 

"Hey" He said. 

I nodded to him and he came and sat on the bed.

"Joe told us you were going home." He said, looking at my bag. 

I nodded again. 

"You going to see Jeff?" He asked. 

I nodded and moved over to the chair by the window. 

"Why did you tell Tristan he was an old family friend?"

I looked up and blinked. 

"He doesn't need to know." I muttered.

"Doesn't need to know what? That you were in therapy for 5 months? That you've had your stomach pumped twice? You were nearly sent to prison?" He said.

"Alright James, it's not list my cock ups day!" I hissed, putting my headin my hands. 

"You haven't even told Joe everything." 

"I know. You're the only one." I said. 

"I get you need space and time and you'll get that at home, but when you come back you've got to tell them." He said. 

I looked at him. 

"I know James." 

"Do you want some help packing?" He asked standing up and walking to my case. 

I nodded and stood up again, walking to join him.

"It'll be okay you know? You've got me on your side, and you've changed now." He said. 

"Thanks James." I said, as he pulled me into a hug.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellooooooooo!

So I've been a pretty shit updater so sorry :(

Anyway have a new chapter :)

Things are going to start happening with the others now so please stay tuned <3

Please comment and vote?

Em x