Chapter 11; Pasta

"Emily? Em." 

I lifted my head and looked around, the credits to the Harry Potter film were scrolling up the screen and Tristan and Connor were both awake. 

"You're cute asleep." Tristan winked waving his phone. 

I glared at him, still to sleepy to make an effort to grab his phone or beat him up.

"Joe came in earlier." Connor said not looking at me.

"And?" I asked blutly.

"He said pasta for tea at 7:00pm and don't burn it." 

"Oh so I have to cook?" I moaned. 

They both nodded.

"Come on then helpers up and into the kitchen!"

Within 20 minutes the pasta was bubbling away.

"So where is my dear brother now?" I asked sarcasm icing my words.

"Him and James went for a shower." Connor said. 

There was a pause. 

"NO I mean they went to have a shower after the gym." He said trying to make it sound better but failing. "I mean, James went to the quest bathroom and Joe went to his en-suite." Connor said with a proud head nod.

I sighed as I twisted the nob of the hob to a lower heat, and laughter could be heard getting closer.

"And then I picked her up and got ice cream all down me!" Jame's voice echoed down the passage leading from the stairs to the kitchen, shortly followed by Joe's laugh.

"Play nice." Tristan said, taking seven plates from the cupboard and putting them on the table.

I nodded, but still averted my eyes from Joe when he entered the room. 

"The pasta smells nice Em." James said as he came over to investigate the pan.

"Yeah it does." Joe said half heartedly.

"Thanks." I said more to James.

"Is it ready?" Connor asked eagerly.

I nodded and began to dish it up on to the seperate plates.

"Laura said to put hers in the oven." Joe mumbled.

"Pardon Joe?" I asked.

He sighed and repeated himself, louder this time, anger evident in his voice.

"Has anyone seen Brad?" James asked.

"Last I saw him we went for a walk just before you left for the gym." Connor said typing on his phone.

"And we haven't heard from him since?" Joe asked. 

We all shook our heads.

"But that was nearly 4 hours ago." Tristan said, also looking at his phone. 

James put his phone to his ear but removed it again, shaking his head.

"Voicemail?" I asked.

"Voicemail." James confirmed.

Joe began rubbing his temples. 

"Right we'll eat and then we'll go and look okay?" Connor said, panic lacing his tone.

We all tucked in. After 5 minutes the front door opened and closed. Tristan jumped from his seat and ran, only to return with Laura.

"Your pasta is in the oven." I smiled.

"Cheers babe." She said grabbing it and sitting down.

"Brad's gone missing." Joe whispered. 

Laura looked at me, but I averted my gaze and looked away. Joe followed Laura's gaze and his eyes lay to rest on me. 

"What did you do?" He asked. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hellooooo!

Right so this will be a few parts I reckon?

Also I'm changing character names;

Lauren will now be Hollie

and Meghan will now be Rhiannon.

So.... I hope you enjoy and I will try and update ;)

please comment and vote :)

Em x

p.s dedication as so because her stories are fab and she is totally unaware of her talent so please go and check her out <3