Chapter 10; Please Try?

'I threw my bag down and turned to collapse on my bed, problem was there was someone already lying there.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah Miss O'Neill."

I sighed.

"Hey don't be like that." He said moving slightly.

His Brummie accent was soft and calm, rather relaxing. Wait what?

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I wanted to see you." He said.

"Oh really?" I asked raising one eyebrow.

He nodded and patted my bed, inviting me to sit down. I sat and looked at him.

"So... How are you?"

"How am I?" I said fighting back the urge to laugh.

"Yeah?"

"OH, I'm dandy, I have parents who don't give a shit, a brother who hates me, a nasty temper and to top it all off, an annoying band living in my house, with the lead singer not knowing when to piss off!" I half shouted, half hissed.

Brad looked at me, hurt. I looked eye contact, not daring to blink, not daring to show weakness. What I'd said was harsh and unnecessary, but that was me, that was what I did.

"Right, well I'll just leave then?" Brad said as he got up and walked to the door.

He shut the door and his footsteps grew quieter as he got further away. Angry with my self I threw the hairbrush lying on my bed at the wall, missing my target, the brush bounced a little and hit my mirror, the mirror shattered, glass shards flew everywhere. I sat staring at the mess. Shit. Anger bubbled up in me again and I grabbed the brush hitting the photo frame by my bed so like the mirror it smashed, the photo of me and Joe lay on my floor, specks of glass lying on top. Tears streamed down my cheek splattering onto my floor, the tears were hot and started to fall faster.

There was a knock at my door, followed by a "Emily?"

It was Tristan, I knew it was. I quickly wiped my eyes and pulled my duvet off my bed and lay it over the mess, I then opened the door.

"Mr Evans." I said.

"Emily, what the hell have you been doing?!" He asked pushing into my room.

He saw the duvet and went to move it. I screamed but he pulled it away.

"What the-"

Footsteps were hurrying up the stairs, more than one.

"Em?!"

It was Joe's girlfriend Laura. Tristan looked at her and then gestured to the mess.

Tears were beginning to form, why me? Why was I like this? Why did I have to be angry every minute of the day.

"Em, what happened?" Laura looked at me.

I couldn't look away, and looking into her calm eyes calmed me, I collapsed to the floor, letting out another  the tears fell again thick and fast.

"Tristan could you go and grab the hoover please?" Laura asked as she bent down beside me and pulled me into her.

He left, leaving us alone.

"Hey, it's okay." She whispered. "It's okay to be angry, it's okay to cry, it's okay to hurt."

As I cried, I thought about what she said, 'it's okay to hurt.' Did I hurt? I suppose that's what it was, the big ache in me, scared and alone it hurt a lot.