Chapter 26; Arguments and Ice-Cream

"You did what?!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhiannon looked at me, her eyes wide as I turned round and saw James stood behind us.

"Em, you can't say you hate someone and then fuck them." Rhiannon hissed at me.

"This is exactly why I wasn't going to tell you and now he is involved." I said, pointing at James.

"I'm not involved, it's none of my business, I just have an opinion." James said.

"Oh yeah, and I bet it's a bad one."

"I can't believe you." Rhiannon said harshly. "You're supposed to be my best friend, tell me things so I can help you and here you are totally forgetting about that an getting what you want. What will Joe say?" 

"Nothing because he doesn't need to know." I said.

"Well I'm not helping you keep it a secret." Rhiannon spat.

"You're totally over-reacting." I huffed.

"No I'm not Emily! I'm being realistic! You're going to wreck everything the band have built because you know what will end just like it always does." She spat.

I looked at her and rolled my eyes. 

"You're being so pathetic." Rhiannon said, as she turned and walked away.

James and I looked at one another.

"What did she mean, it'll end like it always does?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's nothing." 

"It is something. Brad is one of my best friends, literally like a brother to me and I don't want him getting hurt." 

"Oh my gosh James, seriously stop tangling yourself up in my life." 

"Are you guys ready to go?" Tristan asked, as he came round the corner.

"Yeah, we'll be there in a minute." James said. 

Tristan nodded noticing the tension. James looked at me and sighed.

"Just don't fuck around with Brad." He said as he too left the shop.

I groaned internally and left the shop, following the others down the road.

"Hey." 

I looked up and saw Tristan walking next to me. 

"Hi." 

"Was everything okay between you and James?" He asked.

"Yep." I said, popping the p.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, he was just over-reacting about something." 

"Do you want to talk about it or?" He asked. 

"I just want lots of ice-cream." I laughed. 

"I can help with that." He smiled, pointing at an ice-cream shop over the road.

I laughed and pulled him across the road as he text Connor to say where we were.

"In all seriousness did you want to talk about what happened with James?" Tristan asked as we sat down with our ice-creams.

"I just don't understand him."

"What do you mean?"

"It was the smallest thing and he totally over-reacted as did Rhiannon, she's supposed to be one of my best friends you know? What I do is my choice."