Chapter 13; What Happened?

"Oh shit." Tristan breathed as we stopped by the bench.

Brad was laying on the bench an empty bottle of vodka in his right hand, a purple bruise swelling under his left eye, dried blood and vomit around his nose, mouth and chin and he was unconscious.

Oh Shit indeed.

------------------------------------

"Brad." Tristan said shaking him.

He was unresponsive.

"This is all my fault." I say crouching down next to him.

"No it's not we don't know what's happened yet, ring Joe, we need to get him back to yours, his freezing." Tristan said taking of his jacket and laying it onto Brad.

I did as Tristan said and dialled Joe's number, he picked up on the third ring.

"Emily?! Where are you?! Are you and Tristan okay?! Have you found Brad?" He said sounding worried.

"We're fine, how fast can you get to the park? We found Brad." I said.

"Give me two minutes." He said before hanging up.

I walked back over to Tristan who was still trying to wake Brad.

"Joe's on his way, we better hope he has some blankets." I said taking off my own jacket and putting it over Brad.

"Please give him a chance Em." Tristan said.

"I will." I said smiling slightly.

I turned my head and saw Joe, Connor, James and Laura running towards us.

"Joe!" Tristan yelled. "We need some blankets!"

Joe turned round and ran in the opposite direction.

"What the fuck happened?!" James asked crouching next to me.

"Not a clue." Tristan said.

"Brad? Bradley." Laura said.

Brad's head moved a little.

"Brad?" Tristan said again.

Brad rolled his head and vomited onto the pavement and a little onto James' shoes.

"Where am I?" Brad croaked.

"The park. What the fuck happened mate?" Connor asked.

Brad sat up shivering wincing as he did as Joe arrived with blankets.

"Let's get you back home before you catch your death. You can explain everything then okay." James said.

We all helped Brad to his feet and helped him make his way to Joe's car, most of his weight on us as he tried but failed to limp to the car.

"I'm sorry." He said as we got in the car, Joe handing Laura the keys and him and James running home.

We arrived just at the same time and helped Brad into the house heading straight into the kitchen for Brad to have his dinner and everyone else a cup of tea.

"So? What happened?!" Connor said.

"I-I went for a walk and ended up popping into the corner shop and bought a small drink and I must have had a bit to much and these guys wanted my phone. Obviously I said no, so they threw a few punches." He said nearly finishing his pasta.

"A few? They've mashed up your face mate." James said.

"Yeah well." Brad said ignoring eye contact with us all.

"Brad I'll just go and run you a bath okay, then I'll clean your cuts okay?" I said looking at Tristan rather than Brad who nodded and gave me a reassuring smile.

------------------------------------

"Brad, your bath is ready!" I called.

Within minutes James and Joe had helped Brad up the stairs and into the bathroom sitting him on the toilet seat, closely followed by Connor with the first aid box.

"Brad I'm sorry." I said dabbing at his bruised eye, Joe and James' footsteps growing quieter.

"What for? You don't care." He said wincing.

I didn't say anything else as I continued to clear up his cuts.

"I'll leave you to have your bath. Just call me when you're changed and I'll help you to bed okay?" I said leaving Brad and going to sit in my room.

20 minutes later Brad's voice called from the bathroom.

"Come on then." I said taking him to the room next door and laying him on the bed.

"Thank you Emily." Brad said.

"Do you want anything?" I asked leaving.

"Have you seen my phone?" He asked.

"Yeah it's in the bathroom one sec." I said running to fetch it.

"Thanks." Brad said.

"It's fine." I said handing to him as I went back into the room.

"I mean it." He said.

"I know. See you later." I said shutting the door and going to fetch my own phone from my room.

-----------------------------------

"Jeff? I need your help."

I stopped outside Brad's room.

"I don't know what to do. can I book an appointment for next week to see you?" Brad asked half pleading.

There was a pause.

"Thank you, thank you so much!" Brad said.

I heard movement from inside the room and ran down the stairs.

------------------------------------

oh helloooo again :)

oh Brad's hiding something! :o

please comment and vote?

Em x