Chapter 29; Coffee with Shawn

I checked my texts again as I walked into the Starbucks Shawn and I had arranged to meet at. I walked to the counter and ordered a creme blend with a shot of coffee in it and then took a seat in the corner as I waited for him to arrive.

Just as Shawn walked through the door my phone rang. It was Brad.

"Where are you?"

"Oh just exploring."

"Joe says you need to be back by 1:00pm because we have an emergency meeting and you need to come."

I nodded then remembered he couldn't actually see me.

"Yeah, I'll be there." I said.

"Do you want me to come and meet you?" He asked.

Shawn sat down in front of me with his drink and waited for me to finish the call.

"Huh? Brad it's okay I'll be back soon. Bye." I said.

I didn't let Brad finish before ending the call and placing my phone face down so if it rang I would notice.

"Hey." Shawn smiled.

"Hi."

"How are you finding it State side?" He laughed.

"Ermm... I can't get over the accent." I laughed. "Or the fact your drive on the wrong side of the road, or that things have different names to English things."

"Like what?" He asked, laughing at me.

"Okay, like you call the toilet a restroom. Like why?" I asked. "It's not like you take a snooze on the toilet."

Shawn didn't answer and instead just laughed.

We spent a while talking about music and how he had got on in London and how I was finding work.

"I have to be back soon for a meeting." I said as I looked down at my watch and saw the time was 12:30pm.

"Oh right okay, should we head off?" he asked.

I nodded and stood, collecting my things as Shawn put our rubbish in the bin.

"Do you want to meet the band?" I asked as we left and walked down the road.

"Yeah sure? I mean is it allowed?" he asked.

"I'm sure it'll be fine."

We walked in silence until we reached the hotel.

"I reckon they'll be in the lobby." I said as we walked in.

"There she is." Hollie said.

"Hey, I'm back in time." I said looking at my watch which said 12:47pm. "Anyway, guys this is Shawn. Shawn these are the guys." I said.

"Hey, Shawn the vine guy right?" James asked.

Shawn nodded.

"I'm James by the way." James said, holding his hand out.

Connor and Tristan followed.

"Yeah we met before." Brad said sharply as Shawn turned to address him.

"It'd be cool to do a collab with you sometime." James said.

"Yeah, that sounds cool." Shawn said.

The boys began swapping numbers and Brad stood with a glare on his face, every so often giving me a dirty look.

"Sorry to break up the plans boys, but we better get going." Joe said. "Have you got your managers card Shawn?"

Shawn and Joe swapped cards and we all headed out of the building.

"It was nice to see you again." I smiled.

"Yeah, I'll hopefully see you soon. Have a safe flight home and don't forget to text me." He winked.

He pulled me into a hug and lifted me slightly off the ground, I watched Brad storm off into the van and sit right at the back as Shawn put me down.

We waved goodbye and I joined everyone else in the van.

"So where are we actually going?" I asked.

"The boys are going to do some recording and you're going to do some photos." Grace said.

I nodded and leant back in my chair.

"So what's going on with you and Brad?" Tristan asked, taking a look over his should.

"I have no idea." I laughed. "He over reacts way too much."

"I've told you why." He said.

"Yeah, I know."

"Talk to him. He clearly thinks you and Shawn are a thing."

"But we're not?"

"But Brad doesn't know that."

I sighed and nodded.

We pulled up outside a building and all left the van, making our way to the reception area where we were met by some of the USA members of the management team who lead us to the recording booths.

The afternoon slipped past fairly quickly and Dean and I had worked on finishing some videos and taking photos of the process whilst the others had been in charge of the boys Twitter and going for food and drink runs.

"Right Em, Con and Tris are about to do some rhythm recording so I'm going to get that down, could you go with James and Brad and get their vocal harmony run through photographed and recorded?"

I groaned internally as I nodded, grabbing the equipment I'd need and heading off to find where they'd gone as Dean left to go into a different room.

As I walked down the corridor Brad and James' voices grew louder as I heard them talking. Talking about me.

"You should have seen her with him at the airport, really flirty with him." Brad said.

"Mate, you're only being like this because you practically love her."

"Yeah maybe I do like her, a little bit -"

He was cut off my James' laughter.

"Okay maybe quite a lot, but there's nothing I can do about it."

"Brad, you've already had sex with her. Why not just ask her out on a date?"

"Oh what and get shot down when she says." He paused to clear his throat before mimicking my voice. "Oh Brad. I'm so sorry but I'm love with Shawn and I'm Joe's sister and I'm just so perfect and stroppy and everyone loves me."

"You need to get over yourself." James sighed.

There was movement in the room before there was chords on the piano.

The two of them started to sing and I chose this as my entrance. I entered quietly so they didn't see me before setting up my tripod to film and grabbing my camera, walking behind them and taking photos so they wouldn't notice straight away.

Once they'd finished singing, the last click of my camera went off and James snapped round.

"You scared me." He laughed.

"Can't scare me." Brad said, throwing his head back dramatically.

"Let me just go and grab my guitar." James said, excusing himself from the room.

Oh shit.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hellooooooooooo

So exam season is here, the procrastination is here and I'm sorry for the delays but in 2 weeks I will be down with A Levels and ready to finish my books woooo!

Things can Change will be finished in the next few chapters and I'm so excited for the end!

thank you for understanding.

please comment and vote :)

Em x