Chapter 8; Brad and Emily

Brad's point of view;

I returned from the toilet with my bottle of coke and crisps. The room was empty. I opened the door and looked in but nobody was around. I walked towards Emily's room. Nobody was in there but Emily. I slipped in. She didn't roll over.

As I got closer to her bed, her sniffles grew louder. I stopped at the side of the bed and looked down at her. My shadow now evident she turned over and sighed.

"What do you want? Come to gloat?" She snapped.

"Gloat?" I raised an eyebrow. "No. I came to see if you were okay?" I said sitting on the chair by the head of her bed.

"Piss off Brad, I don't want your sympathy." She rolled back over but I didn't leave.

"You really hate me don't you?" I asked cocking my head to the side.

Emily didn't speak a word, she tugged the duvet and pulled it tighter around herself.

"You can't just avoid my questions." I said again, pressing the matter further.

She exhaled loudly, shutting her eyes for a second, her nostrils flaring. She sat up and looked at me, her pupils wide.

"Yes." She spat. "I can't stand you! You're arrogant, rude, stuck up-"

I pressed a finger to her lips silencing her.

"You don't even know me." I whispered. "You've known me a day or two and look at you, I can tell you more about yourself than you could ever tell me about me."

Her eyes flashed. She bent forward and tugged at the extra blanket at the bottom of the bed and chucked it at me.

"You know nothing about me. You see what I choose to show." She hissed as she rolled over to face the other way.

I smiled myself in the dark, I was desperate. Desperate to find out about her, the real Emily. I pulled the blanket apart and lay it over my body and made myself comfortable.

"You're not sleeping there Brad, go somewhere else." Emily said sleepily.

I chuckled but ignored her, shutting my eyes and falling asleep in seconds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhiannon's point of view;

James and I walked through the hospital to find Emily's room, thing was neither of us could remember which floor it was on. We'd both tried Brad's and Emily's phones but both were off or had no signal. After an hour we both returned to the reception desk.

"Err... Hi? We were just wondering what room Emily O'Neil was in?" James asked.

"Sorry no visitors after 7:00pm, only family." The woman behind the desk said.

"I'm her sister." I piped up quick thinking on the spot.

"Hmm..." The woman sighed rudely. "Fine. Second floor, come out the lift, turn right and speak to a nurse up there." She said, turning to people behind as he hurried out the way.

We came to the second floor and made our way to the right, where we met a nurse who led us to Emily's room. We opened the door carefully and say Brad sound asleep on a chair by Emily's head. Emily however was nowhere to be seen.

"Maybe she went to the toilet?" James suggested.

We sat on the empty bed waiting for at least 15 minutes. Brad's gentle snores filling the room and his chest rising and falling, he wore a small smile in his sleep, like he was enjoying his dream. Tired of waiting I rested my head on James' shoulder and pulled out my phone to ring her.

E: "Yo?"

R: "Where are you?"

E: "And they said I was concussed!" She laughed loudly. "No I'm joking I am currently in the toilet for signal why?"

R: "Just come back to your room."

She sighed and ended the call. James began to prod Brad, who jerked awake with a start, wiping his eyes.

"Thanks for leaving me." He smiled.

"No problem." James laughed.

"Where's Emily?" Brad asked.

"Toilet." I said.

"Speak of the devil." James said pointing to the door.

Emily walked to her bed and sat down.

"Is Joe still pissed?" She asked.

James nodded.

Emily exhaled and fell back on to the bed.

"James can you come and pick me up tomorrow please?" She asked.

"I don't think Joe would like that." James said scratching his neck.

"Fine, I'll get a taxi." She said.

"Don't be daft, just talk to him when he comes, whatever you've done I'm sure he'll forgive you." Brad said trying to offer reassurance.

"Shut up Brad." Emily snapped

"We'll see you tomorrow Em okay?" I said giving her a hug.

She nodded and we walked to the door leaving her to wait for tomorrow.

"It's not going to end well." I said as we made our way back to the car this time with Brad in tow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helloooooooo!

omfg I feel so awful but I had writers block and this is shit but I wanted to update and eurgh.

sorry for the long wait. :(

anyway I hope you're well and having a lovely day, please comment and vote?

and Things Can Change will be updated very soon!

Em x