Chapter 28; Emily and Rhiannon

Brad's point of view:

I looked at Emily and Tristan as they stood up and hugged, Emily waved over at Joe who smiled and waved back, just as her eyes met with mine. I looked at her for a second, before starting to smile, and turning away and shaking my head.

At about 12:30am we all headed upstairs to our room. I followed James and we waited outside his room until Joe disappeared, before he went into our room, and I went into my new room.

"Night." He said, yawning.

"Night." I said, as I opened the door.

I pressed the door closed quietly and got ready for bed. I moved Em's macbook off her bed and moved the duvet further up her body before getting into my own bed, plugging my phone into charge and going to sleep.

"Stop."

I opened my eyes at the noise before rolling over, deciding I'd imagined it and shut my eyes again.

"Help me!"

I opened my eyes and looked at Emily who was shaking. I sat up and looked at the time 4:48am. I got out of bed and went over to Emily's bed, sliding in beside her, holding her tightly till she stopped shaking and crying. I kissed her forehead as I moved some hair from her face and felt her move closer to me as I went back to sleep.

"I'm scared."

I woke up again and felt Emily moving towards the end of the bed as she tossed and turned in her sleep.

"Hey, shh, it's okay." I whispered, pulling her close to me again, as she was about to fall off the bed.

I felt her crying as I hugged her. How had she not woken up?

I pulled her closer to me as I eventually fell back asleep, her body still shaking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Brad."

I rolled over, falling out of bed and onto the floor.

"What was that for?" I groaned, climbing up into my bed.

"You were in my bed."

"You were crying."

"No I wasn't?"

"It's okay."

"Brad, I wasn't crying."

"Yes you were, you were shaking and crying and calling out."

"I'm going down to breakfast." She said, slipping on her TOMS.

"I'm not lying Em."

She shrugged and grabbed her phone and one of the room keys as she left the room. I sighed and looked at the time. I sighed again and got up and dressed, before knocking on the adjoining door.

"What do you want Simpson?" Rhiannon asked.

"To talk to you. James isn't around is he?" I half whispered.

"Nope, he has gone to the gym." She said.

"I know you're not talking to Em at the min-" I started.

"Whatever you're going to ask me, the answer is no."

"It's important. She's your best friend."

Rhi sighed and nodded.

"I don't what it was, but it was some kind of night terror or nightmare but she has no recollection of it this morning." I said quickly.

"Oh." She said, sadly.