Chapter 5; In The Studio

"Emily are you ready! Don't forget your camera stuff!" Joe yelled up the stairs. "I don't know why it takes her so long!" He said a little quieter.

"We're coming for goodness sake Joe!" I said.

Half an hour later at 11:00 we were ready to leave. We got into the van and started our hour and a half journey to the studio. 

"How's your head?" James asked as he pulled his seatbelt across his chest. 

"Fine." I replied bluntly pulling my earphones from my bag and connecting them to my phones.

"Nice talking to you." He sighed turning to talk to Rhiannon.

I sighed and put the buds into my ears. 

I must have fallen asleep as I could hear voices talking around me.

"At least she can't moan about us when she's asleep." 

I think it was James.

"Thing with Emily is she is keeps things to herself for ages, she doesn't get on with people straight away. It took ages for her to talk to me and trust me so you're not the first." Grace said.

"Or maybe she just really doesn't like you." Hollie laughed.

"Probably." 

"Come on then guys let's get going." Joe said.

I heard the door slide open and seven bodies leave.

"Emily, wake up, come on we're here." Joe said prodding me in the ribs.

I opened my eyes, grabbed my bags and followed Joe out the car. 

"Give them a chance! You're acting like a spoilt brat. You need to grow up and learn to accept to work with people you may not like. I'm sorry but that's the way life it." Joe snapped as we walked behind the others.

"Everything is always my fault isn't it. We never take a look at your faults. No because you're perfect Joe aren't you, you can't do wrong-" I was cut off as a man I knew to be Fin approached.

"Hey Fin." I said 

"Hey Emily, how's it going?" 

"Good thanks you?" 

"Good thanks." 

I smiled and left Joe and Fin to discuss, I walked to the girls passing the boys who were walking towards a door following Joe and Fin.

"So, you and Tristan Hollie." Rhiannon winked. 

"Could say the same about you and James." Hollie laughed.

"Please don't tell me you've gone all gooey over them?" I moaned.

My question was answered with the red tinting of all their faces.

"Oi! Are you lot coming?" Connor's head poked round a door to the right. 

"Yeah, sorry." 

We entered the room where Joe and Fin were talking to the boys. 

"Right, if we get Brad in the booth first, recording vocals, then we get Tristan to get a beat down, then we can work on guitars and backing vocals. Emily, follow Brad and get some photos done." Joe said putting his notepad down.

"We wrote a new song a few weeks back we thought might be able to be put on the album." Tristan said swinging back and forth on his chair.

"Play it once we're recorded this one and we can see what we can do." Joe said looking at Fin who nodded.

Brad got up, and left.

"Emily, go. Good luck." Joe said.

I heaved my tired body up and left the room, following Brad. Boy did he walk fast. I turned the corner and wandered down the corridor. 

"So... Why do you hate us so much?" 

I dropped my camera bag in shock and ducked. 

I heard a laugh just behind me and turned to see Brad leaning against the wall, arms folded, a smirk pulling at his lips. 

I ignored his question and opened my camera bag praying it was okay. Thankfully it was. 

"Don't ignore my question." He said playfully.

"What room were we supposed to go in?" I asked.

"Now you're just avoiding my question." He said. 

I lost it. I stood up and swung round, pushing Brad up against the wall, at first he was suprised, but his expression soon turned back to his smirk. 

"I don't like you Simpson. So take that smirk off your face and man up. I don't like you just as much as you don't like me, but we have to work together so stop pissing me off!" 

I released him, he cracked his neck before smiling and walking into a door on the left. 

I slid down the wall, anger still bubbled through me. Why did I have to be so hot tempered? Why couldn't I hold it in? I clenched my fists before getting up and swinging my bag over my shoulder. 

I calmed myself down and walked into the room Brad had just entered. Brad was already hooked up to the sound system. I walked to the sofa and got my camera out my bag, clicking the lens into place and sliding the flash to sit on top. 

Brad began to sing. The sound hit me like a tonne of bricks. I stumbled backwards, my head lightheaded. His voice was rich, the tone perfect. His music took me to places I've never been before. The cold interior I had warming as Brad continued to sing, the wall I'd built to hide my secrets crumbling leaving them open. Before I knew Brad had stopped singing. I opened my eyes. 

"It doesn't sound right Paul!" Brad's voice cracked as he spoke to Paul.

"Try it again you can do it." 

I remembered I was supposed to be taking photos. I entered the booth, Brad gave me a smile which I didn't return. I began taking photos as he sang, I took them from different angles as he pulled different expressions, the veins in his neck appearing, his eyes were shut. I watched him get lost in the thing that means most to him. Music.

When Brad had finished, he thanked Paul and left the room abruptly. 

"There's something on his mind." Paul said to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He seemed distant... He doesn't normally behave like that, I'll mention something to Joe later, you better get going, see what they want you to do next." 

I nodded and left in a daze. 

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I bumped right into something or should I say someone?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heeeey!

So I had to re-update this and I much prefer the old version but it was deleted so hey ho...

hope you enjoy please comment and vote :')

Em x