Chapter 9; Tension

Emily's point of view;

Dressed and ready to leave I sat waiting. Waiting for Joe, James, Tristan. Anyone, even Brad. Nine o'clock had come and gone, ten o'clock had come and gone, eleven o'clock was fast approaching. Where were they? Had I hurt Joe that much? I checked my phone for what felt like the hundredth time. One text from Grace saying they'd all gone home. No lift from them then. A nurse came in and handed me my medication, making a failed joke about not being collected yet. I glared at her, and when she'd left lay down and rolled over. How could they have done this?

"Emily?"  A soft voice was floating around from far away, gradually getting louder and clearer. "Em. Wake up!"

I sat up with a jerk, it was James. A warmth feeling spread through my body and I pulled him into a hug.

"Hey, hey, it's okay." He laughed gently hugging me back.

"Thank you for coming to get me so I wouldn't have to talk to Joe." I said pulling away and jumping from the bed.

"Oh erm..." James cheeks had flushed pink.

"What?" I asked somehow already aware of the answer, clinging on that it wasn't right.

"Joe's in the car." James sighed rubbing the back of his neck.

I looked at him, nerves were coursing through my body and James' hand was gently shaking.

"Look Em, it was him that asked me if he could come." He said taking my bag as we began to walk.

We checked out, walking through the still quite busy A&E. The fresh air hit me and my lungs filled, my head feeling clear, although a little dizzy I walked with James to the car. He gave me a reassurin nod and smile before swinging into the drivers seat, I gulped in some more air and got in to the car.

The tension mounted as soon as I got in, the air in the car was different to the air outside and in the hospital. Sounds strange I know. in the hospital, the air was full of lot's of different emotions and it was easy to tell, the sounds that wafted around, sreams, laughter, crying. Then outside, the air was breezy, giving new life as you walk from the hospital, like the first gulp is going to give you eternal life, make you happy, the force making you lightheaded but you know it's okay beause a weight has been lifted even if it's just for a minute or two. The air in the car however, was cold, freezing, clinging to everything in the car because it had nowhere to escape, the air was crisp, ready to drip with sarcasm and already making a wave of tension to wash over us all.

In an effort to dampen the tension, James turned on the radio, 'Story Of My Life' by One Direction came on, I let out a tut and rest my head against the head rest putting my ear phones in and ignoring the conversation James and Joe were having. The drive was long and when we eventually pulled up outside the house I got out grabbed my bag and retreated to my room. I threw my bag down and turned to collapse on my bed, problem was there was someone already lying there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

Finally!

Emma finally updated lets all have a round of applause, nope okay then...

Anyway, please comment and vote

Em x

Dedication as so because who the fuck are these bunch of twats?