Chapter 32; Mountain Walk

"Move em on out  kids!" Dean said as he herded us all from the hotel restaurant to the lobby. 

Joe and Finn had left half way through breakfast after a phone call from the police to go and fetch Brad with the other members of the crew who were already out searching. 

"You got him then?" Dean asked, standing up from the lobby chairs about half an hour later.

"He is coming in now." 

We all looked to the hotel doors as Finn walked in slowly followed by Brad, who had his hood up and sunglasses on. 

"Leave a note next time mate!" James said, with a slight laugh. 

"Brad is going to take a quick shower and join us for the walk," Joe said, looking sternly at the group, before turning to me. "You're coming as well, madam." 

I sighed as I rejoined the group, having started to walk away after hearing Brad would be joining us. 

After Brad's speedy shower, we were all heading out of the hotel, backpacks and water bottles at the ready as we headed towards the hills. I kept my distance from Brad, walking with Tristan or Connor, moving or slowing down when Brad was near. As we got nearer to the top the boys began stripping as the heat got to them and we removed our tops so we were just in our bikini tops. 

"Put it away Con." Grace laughed as Connor whipped the back of her legs with his t-shirt as he chased her up the hill. 

We finally reached the top and collapsed in different spots, drowning ourselves in our water. 

"You will pay for that!" Shouted Hollie as she got up suddenly and chased Tristan who had just squirted his bottle on her. 

"Don't even think about it!" Grace and Rhiannon said glaring at Connor and James, who looked at one another, grabbed a bottle and squirted it at them.

I laughed as they began chasing each other running off in different directions. 

"I'm going to take a few shots." Dean smiled, jumping up and wandering off. 

The rest of the crew slowly dispersed taking pictures, squirting each other with water or joining in conversations. Joe's phone rang and Finn followed him to a quieter spot where they would be able to hear, leaving me and Brad. 

I stole a glance at him. He was laying on a rock, his sunglasses still on his head turned slightly. 

"Stop staring at me." He said, turning over further to look at me. 

"I wasn't". I blushed. 

He lifted his sunglasses so I could see his eyes. They were bloodshot and he looked rough. He smiled as he sat up. 

"Want one?" He asked as he reached into his rucksack and pulled out his cigarettes and lighter.

I nodded and reached for one. I had promised Joe I would quit, but one wouldn't hurt. I looked at Brad as he exhaled the smoke. I knew I had to say something about last night. 

"I got your voicemail." 

It came out bluntly. 

Brad looked out into the distance, as he took another a drag of his cigarette. 

"Okay."

I turned to look at him again, but he wasn't paying attention to me this time. 

"I listened to it." 

That was obvious. 

"Right." 

"You didn't finish."