Comfort

Wednesday afternoon, Adrien stared at a rather impressive house just outside of Cannes. "So, let me get this straight, you own this luxurious, waterfront villa in one of the most sought-after parts of French Riviera?"

Plagg shook his head. "I don't, but Tikki does. That's her escape place from when I get too overbearing. Just like my Parlour, only more suitable to her taste."

"Who are you guys?" Adrien asked. "Oil barons or something?"

Plagg chuckled. "Just your local dance instructors who happened to come from old-money families. Nothing spectacular. And why would you, mister rich boy, be surprised? Didn't think anyone else could have money?"

Adrien shied away. "No, not that. I'm just... I didn't expect you...?"

"I don't look the part?"

Adrien glanced at Plagg's baggy clothes and sticking in every direction hair. "Not really?"

Plagg laughed and motioned Adrien into the house. "Appearance isn't everything, kid. Now, feel at home, don't forget it's Tikki's baby. She'll smother you in your sleep if you break something."

Adrien nervously chuckled. "The way you talk about her... Are you sure you are in this marriage on your own will? She didn't threaten you in, did she?"

Plagg snorted, then almost sung. "Tikki's the most incredible woman I've ever met, kid. Her quirks are what makes her so interesting and fun. Irresistible in a way. I'm sure Marinette has something too that you'd hate in others but love in her."

A lopsided smile stretched Adrien's lips. "She's so clumsy. It's adorable."

"There you go, kid. Now, stop this dopey look on your face so I can show you around and escape to relax for a bit before the food gets here."

"You ordered something?"

"Back on the train. The best cuisine on the coast. Hustle, kid. I need to stretch on my lounge chair like yesterday."

Plagg didn't spend much time on guiding Adrien around. He quickly walked through the spacious living quarters, motioned towards the kitchen, balconies, mentioned they had their own strip of beach adjoint to the house and led Adrien to one of the guestrooms.

"You sleep here. I'm off to the lounge. Call me when the food arrives."

A moment later, Plagg was gone. Adrien placed his bag in his room and went to explore the house on his own. Apart from being just as spacious, it was a complete opposite of Plagg's apartment. While Plagg's pad was sleek and modern, somewhat intense, Tikki's villa invited one to relax. Mostly white and cream interior incorporated a few rich earthy undertones and featured a couple of sporadic red accent pieces throughout the space. Flowing, white sheers and an abundance of cushions on every surface imaginable softened the edges. Live plants brought the outdoors inside. Sun flooded every corner. Adrien had visited many richly decorated places in his life, but he'd never felt as cozy and relaxed in any of them as he did in this one.

The doorbell rang. Adrien went to answer. A delivery guy gave him a few bags with food and, after saying that it was already paid for, vanished. Adrien brought it to the kitchen, finding Plagg already pottering around for plates.

"Finally," he muttered under his nose. "I'm starving."

The food was delicious, Plagg hadn't exaggerated about it being the best cuisine on the coast. Yet, after finishing his meal, Plagg stretched and mumbled under his nose. "Can't wait for this exile to be over."

Adrien snorted. "Exile? This doesn't feel like it to me. Or is it the company that makes you want to escape back to the city?"

Plagg sent him a glare, pursuing his lips. "It's an exile because my Queen isn't by my side. The company, though, is the only reason I agreed to come here alone voluntarily. You should be honoured."