True Love's Kiss

Chat Noir: I think we've neglected this chat, My Lady. I demand to correct this injustice!

Ladybug: In other words, you don't want to work.

ChatNoir: :offended: I am working. Do you know how much patience sitting around, waiting for my turn to be fawned over requires? Hard work!

Ladybug: Aww, poor you. How will you ever survive?

Chat Noir: By the thought of the promised lunch with my Lady, everything is possible.

Ladybug: Then may I suggest Chaton lets said Lady work as well? If he wants her to make it to that lunch.

Chat Noir: Absolutely. As soon as she tells him where she wants him to take her?

Ladybug: The Lady loves surprises.

Chat Noir: Alright. Then I should take her to Tom and Sabine's bakery. The food is amazing, and I've heard they have a very beautiful and talented daughter. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get her number?

Ladybug: XD You have my number, you flirt.

Chat Noir: Correction: I have your Discord name, not your phone number.

Ladybug: Oh, true. XD Sorry, I didn't realize that. Well, if you'd be a good Kitty, I'll consider giving it to you during lunch.

Chat Noir: Define Good Kitty.

Ladybug: Someone who lets me work. I'm sorry, Chaton, but I'm kind of on a crunch here.

Chat Noir: OTL Alright. I'm sorry. Do you need help? I can help.

Ladybug: Unfortunately, it's something I have to do myself. Plus, weren't you supposed to be fawned over soon? How would you help me from over there?

Chat Noir: I can always ditch them for a few hours.

Ladybug: You are not doing that. Do you want me fired for disrupting the company's flow right before the big show?

Chat Noir: No. Sowwy.

Ladybug: :blows kisses: I'll see you in a few hours, and to ensure that I'm muting this chat.

Chat Noir: Are you muting me just like you turned off your phone at the party or are you muting me for real?

Ladybug: For real.

Chat Noir: :D Liar.

Ladybug: Chat, seriously. I'm sorry, but Mme Bustier is already looking my way. If I'm not done with this project before lunch, I'll have to skip it.

Chat Noir: Understood. I'll see you in a few hours.

Ladybug: ;)

Chat Noir: Last question: does anyone give you grief for that video?

Ladybug: :sigh: Some whispers and snickers are going around, but no one said anything to me personally so far.

Chat Noir: You let me know if they do.

Ladybug: Just so you know, I have muted you.

Chat Noir: :pout: Rude.

Ladybug: Chat, seriously, I'd love to banter with you all day long, but unless you want to spend that lunch alone, you'd better let me work.

Chat Noir: Sorry. I'll behave. I promise.

Ladybug: Thank you.

It was hard. Knowing Marinette was just a few floors away and that he could sit by her side instead of being fitted with that abomination his father planned to present this coming weekend was excruciating.