Patrol

Adrien swore under his breath, having successfully escaped an overly excited Lila Rossi. Shivering, he walked down the corridor, hands in his pockets.

It's been like this all day today. He'd lurked various departments under the pretence of getting to know the company before stepping in as a business manager. People greeted him politely and, more often than not, left him to his own devices. Then, there was Mlle Rossi who glued herself to his arm as soon as he'd walk in, for whom "No" meant absolutely nothing and the concept of personal space didn't exist. She even followed him into the departments she didn't work until he'd had enough. If Ladybug were to see him at that moment, of course, she'd think him to be an antisocial, thinking-that-he's-better-than-anyone-else prick. He simply had to go to extreme measures to escape her since none of his countless attempts to do so politely had worked. And if it looked like he was scrambling away in panic... well, that was exactly what he was doing. However, that was called survival, not antisocialist.

"Hey, watch where you—"

Adrien bumped into someone straight on, bringing both of them down on the floor.

"I'm so sorry." He rushed to help the person up but froze midway. The woman's eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue he'd ever seen. Her lips parted; she watched him expectantly for a few moments, but once he failed to provide her help, she looked away with a disappointed look on her lovely face.

Adrien swallowed. She was gorgeous. And she was clearly disappointed with an idiot who was still not helping her to get up. "I'm so, so sorry," he repeated, offering her a hand. She gave him a forced tiny smile and ignoring his hand, started to gather her papers. Adrien picked some up for her and offered his hand one more time when no more papers were left scattered on the floor. "Allow me to assist you."

She stood up on her own. "Thanks, but I'm fine. Can I have those, please?"

Her voice was like a melody. A sad and angry one, but still a melody.

"Of course." Adrien passed her the stack in his hand. "I really am sorry. I didn't see you coming."

"Try looking around when walking in public places next time," she said and walked away.

Rude. Adrien huffed to himself. Gorgeous, but rude. Yes, he was at fault for knocking her off her feet, but he apologized. She didn't have to be so mean. Definitely not Ladybug. From what he could gather from their conversations, Ladybug wasn't a rude type.

"Can I help you with something?" a new voice sounded beside him.

Adrien turned to look at the intruder and froze. What was up with all these beautiful women around here, and why did he never notice them before?

"My name is Kagami. Kagami Tsurugi." The woman stretched him a hand. "I'm a Public Relations Manager."

"Adrien." He shook her hand. "Adrien Agreste."

She smiled. It was a beautiful smile. Definitely better than a scowl the previous woman had given him. "You seemed a little lost Adrien, so I thought I'd ask if I can help."

Adrien hesitated for a moment. Kagami seemed nice enough, so maybe he could accept her offer. Because if anything, this day had taught him was that he needed an insider if he were to get closer to people in a short period of time. "I do need help if you don't mind."

"Not at all. What do you need?"

"I'm trying to learn as much as possible about the company and the employees before stepping in as a business manager, so I've been lurking around hoping observation will give me some info. So far I've had little luck."