Hidden Talents

Zacznij od początku

He walked in forgetting that you were standing there holding his coffee, "Oh, do you want to come in?" he asked taking the drink from your hand. You looked into his apartment. It was identical to yours, but his was quite dark. He had thick curtains that blocked out the light. He had a dark charcoal comforter with a dark gray couch.

"Um, no. I won't bother you anymore."

"No, no, have a donut. I bought way too many for just me." he pulled you into his apartment. He walked around to the counter of his kitchen and threw open the box of donuts.

"Why did you buy so many?" you asked taking a simple glazed donut.

"My eyes were bigger than my stomach; I guess.' he laughed plopping down on his couch, "Have a seat." he motioned to the couch. You were hesitant, but you sat next to him.

"How are you doing?" he asked you.

"I am much better, thank you." you said taking another bite.

"What happened? You practically took a nap on the sidewalk... Late night?" he laughed. His eyes went into small slits and his dimples popped out of his cheeks.

You smiled at his joke, "No, I don't know what came over me. It won't happen again."

"It was not a problem, if anything, it added some spice to my day." he laughed finishing his coffee with a final gulp.

"Well, I'm glad I could make your day spicy." you laughed. You were happy that you chose to come by. This was the first nice conversation you had had in so long.

"Have you been enjoying Japan?" he asked feet away from his kitchen.

"Well, I haven't really done much. I usually just stay home all day." yes, your life sounded boring and lonely, but it was.

"Do you have any hobbies or anything?" he sat next to you again.

"Um, I enjoy painting and drawing. I used to work at a tattoo shop in Seoul."

"Seoul?! You are pretty far from home." he teased.

"Yeah, I just had to get away. Start fresh." you finished your donut.

"I understand. I moved here to start a rapping career." he rubbed the back of his neck, "It's not going so well."

"Rapping? That's different."

"I know. I usually just tell people I am a writer it's easier to explain." he said looking at the floor like he was embarrassed.

"Can I hear some?" you asked.

He looked up at you with big eyes, "Really?"

You nodded excitedly, "I would love to hear some."

"Okay." he got up from the couch. He practically skipped to his bed side table where he pulled out a worn leather journal, "Okay, so don't have too high of expectations."

"You're probably better than you think." you said facing him.

"Okay, ready?" he asked.

"Ready."

(This is more of a compilation, but he is so good, so it's worth it.)

What the fuck.

"How was that?"

You hadn't noticed that your mouth was hanging down to your knees. You came back to reality, "That was amazing." you were awestruck. 

"Really?!" he seemed really surprised.

"Yeah, I am like in shock." you laughed, "I don't even know what to say." 

He sat back down on the couch, "Thank you." he smiled really wide showing off his dimples.

" he smiled really wide showing off his dimples

(Too cute not to show off)

"Not a problem." you smiled. You pulled your knees up to your chest leaning back on the couch.

This is nice.

"So, you mentioned that you are an artist." 

"Yes, sir." you said nodding your head.

"Can I see?" he asked leaning forward.

You hesitated, "Well, I have only done one since I got here. All my other pieces are long gone." you looked at the floor. You lost all your work when you left Bangtan.

"That's fine with me." he looked really excited.

"Okay." you said rolling your eyes playfully. You got up and led the man to your house. You opened your door, "Ignore the... emptiness."

"I don't care." he said, "It could been full of... ants, and I wouldn't care."

You paused, "Ants?" you laughed.

"I couldn't think of anything." he laughed.

"I could tell." you made it over to the easel that leaned against the window, "Tada." you threw your hands out in a dramatic way.

"Woah!" he started jumping up and down clapping his hands, "That's so good."

"Thank you, but it's really nothing special."

"No that is awesome." he reassured.

"Well, it seems like we both have our hidden talents." you being a fire breathing bird and all.

"Yeah, we are kind of the same. Both of us hiding something about us because we are too ashamed to show who we truly are." he took a deep breath.

You looked over at the somber man, "What do you mean?"

"We are running. From ourselves. From society. Now here we are. Resting."

You felt a twitch in your ear, "What are you?"