Mirror

Two weeks had passed, and you and Yunho had been trying to strengthen your control on your powers, but nothing worked. Every time you tried conjuring the fire inside you nothing happened. You tried starving yourself. You tried getting angry. You tried every thing, but it was like your body knew it was fake.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Yunho asked kneeling next to the pool.

"Yes, we need to do whatever it takes. I need to know how to control it." you sat in the water; you just finished tying the ropes around your ankles.

"I don't like this; you can actually die." Yunho said.

"I won't die; I have you here." you said with a smile and wink, "But don't pull me out too soon; I have to push myself."

"Okay" he lowered his head, "Don't hurt yourself." he looked at you with genuine eyes. 

"Trust me." you said placing a wet hand on his cheek, "And I heard drowning was a peaceful way to die."

He slapped your arm, "Don't tease like that."

"I'm just kidding. See you on the other side." before he could protest, you pushed yourself from the pool edge quickly sinking into the pool. The large rocks tied to your ankles made you fall deep until they hit the tile bottom. You relaxed yourself slowly letting the air leave your lungs.

Okay, powers, get me out of this one.

Your lungs started burning, and you opened your mouth gasping for air, but they were only greeted with water, but nothing moved inside you. Your body started jerking violently against the ropes, but you tried concentrating on the fire inside. If anything, it was cold.

Work!

The water slowly filled your lungs, and your body became heavy. Your vision started to blur as you kicked your legs trying to break free. Your limbs felt heavy and cold, and soon you couldn't even move.

You felt arms wrap around you, and your body rising in the water. Your head broke the surface and your body was lied on the pool's edge. Your back hit the concrete and like a shock of lightning your body tensed and water spewed from your lips. You coughed violently until you could finally breathe.

Yunho's face appeared in front of yours back dropped by the blue sky, "I told you it was a bad idea."

"Wow, I thought you would be a little more sympathetic." you hissed getting to your feet.

"You almost just killed yourself." he protested.

"Well, it was worth a try." you turned about to walk towards the house.

"Yeah, a try that almost killed you."

"I'm sorry, that I am trying everything to feel it again. I haven't felt anything since that day. I am sorry, if I want to get it back." you walked inside slamming the door behind you; he didn't follow because he knew that you were struggling, and he knew you were right.

Am I broken?

You dried your hair in the master bathroom.

What happened to me?

You looked into the mirror. You saw the scars that ran over your cheek. You scanned your face trying to figure it out. Tears fell down your cheeks burning your skin. The only thing that burned. You got angry. You got angry at yourself for not being able to control it. You got angry for risking everything for nothing.

You stared into the mirror feeling nothing but hate for what stared back. Then it shattered. The mirror shattered into pieces in front of you. You stepped back in shock leaning against the bathtub. Yunho burst through the door, "What happened?"

You pointed at the broken mirror; your hand was shaking. Yunho looked over at the glass, "Did you do that?"

You nodded your head slowly trying to pull yourself together. It was the first time something had happened in so long. You felt a small amount of relief wash through you. You still had it.

"We need to see Hitman." Yunho said looking at you.

"I think that is a good idea." you said walking from the room. You grabbed a hoodie from the dresser not even looking at it. You grabbed your face mask from the kitchen counter. Your eyes never left the ground.

You waited by the door for Yunho. You saw the feet of the tall man in front of you. You felt arms wrap around you and your face buried itself into his chest.

"We will figure this out." he whispered into your hair.

"I know it just seems so weird." your words were muffled by his chest. He pushed you away and examined your face.

"I know, but he can help us. He knows all." you nodded knowing that he was talking about Hitman. He opened the door guiding you to the car. Something didn't feel right. You felt your ears twitch like a dog when they hear something. You tuned into your ears trying to focus on the sounds around you.

You heard nothing, so you continued to the car. You opened the door, but then your ears twitched again. Then you felt it. The rumbling in your stomach. The burning that felt so nice to you. It didn't feel the same as when you felt Jungkook it felt more alert and bright.

You felt the hair on your arm stand and you felt your stomach rise into your throat, "Y/n?" you looked up seeming Yunho eyeing you cautiously. Your heart started beating faster, and you felt your fangs and claws extend. You blinked your eyes. Red.

You left it again. You hadn't felt this in a long time. You felt full of life and spirit, but you had a feeling in your stomach that something wasn't right.

"Your eyes." Yunho said from the other side of the car.

"Shush." your voice was a deep growl. You heard something move in the trees. It was small, but it was enough. Your head spun to a small group of trees just off the side of the driveway. A face. There was a face looking back at you. You met the eyes of the man. You knew that face anywhere. 

Jimin.