Chapter 21

I lay on my back staring at the ceiling. I've been like this for an hour. I mainly get up just to get soup, but not often. Sam and Liam stopped by a few times, but not josh. I don't know why.

I hear the door open and close. Expecting to see my mom, I look over. Liz is walking in.

"Please go." I say.

"Jen i-"

"Please." But instead of leaving, she pulls a chair next to me.

"I heard what happened. Are you okay? That hasn't happened in awhile."

"I'm fine" I say, almost to quickly. I'm not in the mood for this.

"So....um....remember the last time you had that thing on?" She pokes my oxygen tube. "And your brother tripped on it on the way in your room?" I actually do. Speaking of my brothers, where are they? Even though they are in college, doesn't mean ignoring your little sister going into a coma, and having a seizure.

"Yeah" she giggles. I don't.

"Listen Jen, I know it's hard with all of this happening so sudden, but I just trying to start. A conversation with you." Seriously? Does she know anything ? I don't want to talk!

"Elizabeth, go." At that she stands up and leaves. I just warned her.

~*~

It's the next day. My mom just left after helping me do my morning treatment when there's a knock on the door.

"Jen?" Josh. Josh.

"Come in" I say. I'm going to impressed if he heard it.

"I know you can't answer. But I'm going to hang out with you." He says, before the door opens. I gave him my other key.

When he walks in my room, I smile. I'm under the covers right now, because my temperature is low. He sits down on my bed and places a hand, that without the covers, would be on my hip.

"How are ya feeling?"

"Okay" I mouth. He chuckles. I sit up to hug him, but he's quicker at it. I am captured in his warm embrace. After everything I just gone through, this is the most soothing thing I have felt, in what feels like ages.

"I can feel your ribs!" He says. I giggle. "No Jen, that's not okay!" He pulls away.

" josh, I promise you. I'm fine."

"I don't think being skin and bones is considered as 'fine'."

"Once I feel better, I'll start eating more. But right now, there's not much of an appetite."

"Okay, but promise me. I'll watch you eat."

" I'm fine" I say laughing

"What ever" he says " but don't think I'm joking"

"Like to join me?" I ask, presenting the covers.

"Of course." He climbs next to me as I snuggle into his arm. "Jen, I know you can get closer than that. Come here." He opens his arms. I smirk before immediately climbing into them.

We wind up in a position with most of my upper body on his chest, along with my head. Josh's arms wrap around me while his hands softly rub my back. With all my stress building on me, I finally don't feel any. I don't think of my health, I think of how everyone in my life is there for a reason. Even your enemies. You always need drama, or your life would be boring as hell. You need all kinds of people. And even if you don't like them, There is always care. You care for them. If they one day died, you would care. You would cry. No matter how much you hate them, there will always be care, no matter what.

I look up at Joshs face. He looks blankly at the ceiling.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask.

"How messed about our lives are." I chuckle before replacing my head back into its original spot.

"I guess that's what our bonding factor came from. Our messed up lives" I say against his chest. He runs his fingers over my oxygen tube.

"Yeah. I actually like this tube thing." His fingers run down to my Lower back before trailing to my lower thigh. I bring my hand up to his face. "Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?"

"Stop it. You just saying that to make me feel-" he kisses in between my eyebrows. "Now your seduce me."

"Jen, I'm not having sex with you. I'm just telling you that it's true. You are so beautiful. Why can't girls just see that, or even accept it?"

"Because then we are considered braggers if we do."

"I don't get humanity"

"Me neither."

"So...did anything like that happen at school? or like, in public?"

"Once. We had a sad assembly and I started to hyperventilate in the bathroom. Liz came in and found me twitching on the floor. She called the nurse. No one know except for her Sam and Liam."

"Oh." I know he's thinking how he caused it.

"You know it's not all your fault...right?"

"I guess."

"It wasn't. I was more upset because i thought I lost two people I care about. But I only lost one."

"What do mean lost one?"

"Liz. She's a bitch."

"Dk your gonna put down your whole relationship away?"

"Pretty much"

"Once again, I don't get humanity."

"The fire works are tommorrow night. Wanna go?" I ask.

"Sure"
•••••••••••
So that selfie is me^^^^
Lol that's all I want to say