Chapter11: we arent a couple

I have the dream again.

But this time, I cry in my sleep. And josh looks stressed in it.

" Jen? Are you okay?" I slowly wake up to see josh hovering over me with a hand on my shoulder. I nod slightly.

"Did the plumbers come?" I ask. He stares at me blankly. Something's wrong.

" yes."

"What did they say?" He's silent for a moment. Then he stares into my eyes, and says;

"Jen, we need to move out. They are knocking everything down." What? How? What does he mean by

Everything?

"Everything? What do you mean?"

" my house too. They are both destroyed." Oh my god. Is this a dream? They can't be knocking everything down, right?

"We are packing now. Tomorrow we are going to a hotel."

"We?"

"Yeah, you, me, our moms, and Sam is coming for company."

"Oh." I say, before getting pulled in for a tight hug.

~*~

We pack and get ready for bed, after a lot of tears. Josh is just about to leave when I speak up.

"Josh?"

"Yep?"

" can you stay here? I don't want to be alone tonight."

"I'm glad you asked. I don't want to either." He starts walking to the bed. We snuggle together for heat, because there is no power. I start to fall asleep.

"Jen?"

"Mmhm"

"C-can I put my arm around you?"

"Yes" his arm gental slides around my waist, bringing warmth through my body. Then i fall asleep.

~*~

I slowly wake up to see Josh's soft face inches away from mine. His arm is still wrapped around my waist. He looks adorable.

I look at his face. His eyelashes flutter, and I get excited to see his eyes again. But I don't. My eyes travel along The beautiful jawline that clenches occasionally. His flushed cheeks are red with tears streaming down. My finger tips trace up his arm which is very muscular. They brush his shoulders as I wipe away the tears in one motion with the out side of my pinkie. My hands reach the back of his head leading my arm to his neck.

Then I watch his face carefully.

After awhile his eyes flutter open. I smile.

" we are leaving today. " I remind him. But I think I said that to remind myself.

" yeah, I know...." He brushes a tear from my jaw. "This sucks"

I slightly laugh.

~*~

After awhile of sitting there, we get up. I long for his touch once it's gone. Josh and I throw on sweat pants and hoodies over the clothes we wore to bed. We don't bother to have breakfast. No ones hungry.

~*~

The car ride was longer than we thought. The traffic held us back so long I decided to take a nap.

~*~

I'm kind of waken by a gentle shake, and I know it's josh.

"You have to get up now.."

"Carry me" I say, extending my arms. I hear a groan before being lifted up. My arms fold in a scrabbled ball thing on my abdominal as my head snuggles in. I hear the doors open and voices fill my ears. They walk up to the front desk. After a lot of discussing, one thing brings my attention.

" does the couple want to share a room?" I almost stop breathing. Josh better explain.

"Oh, no, no we are not a couple. She was just to lazy to walk. But we would like conjoined rooms, please." He answers. My mom says we can go sit down, so josh walks over to the couch and lays me in his lap. I put my head on his chest and tuck my arms in for warmth. It's really cold in here. Josh puts his arms around me bringing me in closer.

"I'm sorry about what she said" josh starts

"It's okay" I say. "But thank you for getting conjoined rooms."

" no problem. "

After about an hour, we are scheduled to go up. Josh slides in the key for me. I walk right in, ignoring what the room looks like, and plop on the bed. Josh chuckles from the door.

"Stop it." I say. He laughs even more.

"I'm tired. Stop it."

"What about unpacking?"

"I'll do it later"

"Okay, I'll be next door if you need me"

"Okay"

~*~

The first thing I did when I wake up is text Sam. When I see he's in the lobby, I get josh and we start heading down.

"Hi Sam" josh starts.

" oh, hi guys. Didn't realize you were there." Sam answers. He looks at me. " you look like your in a good mood." I fake a smile.

"Yeah, she fell asleep on the way here and I had to carry her in...I think she just woke up from her nap."

"Ten points to josh," I state, still in a tired tone. " Sam do you want to come up to our rooms? I mean, they are conjoined and I'm not unpacked yet...I don't know about josh. I mean, I brought all our movies." I ask. We brought some things that will last us the summer, because when they knock our houses down they will take everything out.

"Ok"

With that we go up to our rooms. Josh brings in some snacks, and we just talk. When josh is telling us about his family and everything, I can tell he's a little on the edge. He keeps hesitating and stuttering. Something's not right.

"Guys let's watch a movie" I blurt out, after I see josh is about to cry. We all gather up on the couch. Josh and I share a blanket and Sam has his own. Once the movie comes on, I turn to josh.

"Are you okay?" He's silent for a second.

" I'll tell you about it later."

"Okay" I hug his arm and put my head on his shoulder for the rest of the movie.

~*~

We sit on his bed. Sam went to his hotel room to unpack, so we are all alone. He thumbels with his fingers before speaking up.

"Did I ever tell you why I moved here?" He starts.