Chapter 15: hide and seek

He looks at me, but his smile doesn't drop. My mouth shuts as I turn back to Liam.

"Want to come in?" I say as I exhale deeply. His face turns puzzled. He drops the bag and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Are you sure your okay?" He asks. I put on the best smile I can make, even though it's fake. I nod my head. "Okay, but I'm not buying it" Liam says before picking the bag up and walking in.

"Okay, you two, stop the flirting, we are going to start!" he shouts. I'm confused, what are we starting? "jen, go find Sam while I brake these two apart." Well that crushes my heart.

"Sam, where are you? Liam's here and is looking pretty excited!" I yell.

"I'll be right there!" I hear a voice scream back. A minute later Sam comes with popcorn. "Okay, I'm ready" he says.

~*~

"So Liam, what are we doing?" Liz asks.

"Hide and seek."

"What's the catch?"

"There is none"

"So, just regular hide and seek?"

"Yep."

"Okay, then."

Liam starts to explain.

"I'll be the seeker first. You can hide anywhere between the three rooms, but you cannot lock or close any door." Everyone agrees.

I've always been good at hide and good at hide-and-seek. This shouldn't be a problem.

"I'm gonna start counting....1!" josh grabs liz's arm and pulls her somewhere Sam is gone in a second, while I dart to his room. He already has a big pile of clothes, so I put my hoodie up and crawl in there. It doesn't bother me after doing it for ten years.

"...19......20!" I hear heavy footsteps on the ground. I curl up in a ball, making my body tiny.

"Jen, you hide there everytime. I found you already"

"Awwwwww" we found Sam moments later, but had trouble finding josh and Liz. But I caught them behind the arm chair in the corner. Liz was comfortably on his lap, arms wrapping around her. Just like he held me, but more lovey dovey.

Okay. Yeah that was my heart shattering, if you heard it.

"I-I'm g-going to get the popcorn"i stutter,keeping my eyes on them the whole time. they don't even see it.

I walk into the kitchen area and grab the popcorn. That's when Liam comes in.

"Hey, what was that about?"

"Nothing"

"Jen stop lying. There's something going on." He grabs a bottle of water and opens it.

"Liam stop. There's nothing going on."

"Your lying."

"No, I'm not! just leave me alone!" I start to walk out. He grabs my arm and pulls me to the table.

"Jennifer, you are going to sit here and tell me what's going on." He sits down. I don't. I look around as he takes a drink of water.

"We kissed." I say casually. He roughly slams the water bottle on the table while the water in his mouth goes everywhere.

"What?!"

"Josh and I. We kissed."

"When?!"

"Last night. And this morning. Right before Sam came."

"So you kissed twice?!"

"Well, not exactly."

"How is it not exactly?! you kissed two separate times!"

"The first one was because he thought no one cared. For him, I mean."

"About what?"

"That's a conversation meant for another time. but it looks like all the care I gave him wasn't enough for him to care back."

"Well what I don't get is how you knew Sam and me since you were 2, but haven't tried to kiss us."

"Because I don't want to ruin our friendship! this kid, I can take risks with! I can't certain any sort of relationship with him, liam! stop being so full of yourself! he trusted me with something, so I thought I can trust him with my feelings. But I guess I was wrong."

"Do you want to go back over there?"

"I don't care. I understand he's an asshole, and I've dealt with those before." I say. I start to walk back to the other room. I hear him start to walk behind me.

"You forgot what you came there for" liam whispers in my ear. He holds the popcorn up to my face. I roll my eyes until they land on josh and liz, snuggling on the couch. His lips are on the side of her head.

"I....um...guys, I'm accturally not feeling great I'm gonna go get some rest" I say. I give Liam a 'just play with it' look.

"Um...ok" josh says. Liz is just smiling away, in her own world.

"Ok, jen. Feel better." Sam adds. Atleast he gives affection.

Liam turns to me. "See you in alittle. Call me" then he puckers and presses his lips to my fore head. I know he's doing it for show. I close my eyes, and I open joshs eyes are widened with his mouth parted. I turn around and close the door.