"No, he's—He's fine." Hayley assured her. "Just asking difficult questions."

"Let me guess, about my brother?" Rebekah suggested.

"Our relationship is complicated." Hayley told her.

"A word often used to describe my brother." Rebekah replied. "However, his feelings for you are simple—he adores you."

"I know that." Hayley said. "I know the sacrifices he's made for me, for this family."

"He's saved us all at one point or another." Rebekah added.

"But I saw things, Rebekah. In his mind." Hayley recounted, still cowering at the thought of what she saw. "Not just memories. His impulse and natural instincts. I think maybe that's who he really is at his core."

"And that scared you." Rebekah posited.

"Elliott and I are finally in a good place." Hayley told her friend. "I didn't even know I wanted it, but now I know I do. And I can't let anything, or anyone take that away from me. The relationship between Elliott and Elijah is already rocky and—"

"You're scared Elliott will see the dark side of Elijah." Rebekah finished for her.

"I'm scared he'll see that I'm okay with it." She explained. "I know he's ahead of his time but he's been alone most of his life. He doesn't know what real love looks like or real family looks like, we're his role models. And right now, we're teaching him that it's okay to trap our enemies in dungeons and retaliate against threats by killing whole neighbourhoods and—I don't want him to become that."

Klaus: Hollow is still out there

And suddenly Hayley's suspicions were 100% confirmed.

~Klaus POV~

"Perhaps you should wait outside." Klaus told his older brother as they reached the cabin where the Hollow's acolytes were hiding. "We're going to the place where you died."

"If I thought I couldn't do this then I wouldn't have come." Elijah replied, before turning around to face his brother properly. "Niklaus when this is done, I want you to take your family away from this. All of this."

"Pointedly left yourself out of that equation." Klaus said, causing his brother to immediately lose eye contact. "Whatever Hayley saw in you she will come to accept."

"No, she won't." Elijah told him. "What she saw...I can't even explain. I can't even explain what part hurt her the most. Who I am, what I've done."

"You're tired."

"What are we, Niklaus?" Elijah asked him harshly. "A thousand years of emptiness, an endless parade of slaughter. Until your daughter came to us. And then your son. They are worth every fight Niklaus, worth every sacrifice. They are not allowed to face the same fate."

"Wiping The Hollow from the face of the earth will ensure my children's safety." Klaus told him. "Everything else will fall into place."

~Fiore POV~

The two of us crawled out of the car, wounded from the injuries we sustained and immediately confronted by swarms of Odessa's "family".

"Alright, you sad sacks, if you truly do wish to meet your maker tonight, come and get me." I taunted, immediately they charged for us and the two of us tore through them, person by person.

"Fiore, you can't kill them!" Odessa told me.

"Why the hell not?" I asked her.

"I need them!" Odessa answered. "We need them! To destroy The Hollow."

"I already did." I told Odessa, as we were continuously barraged by our attackers. "We're not going to be able to go through all of them. Especially if all they're gonna do is keep coming back up!"

The two of us began to run through the woods, trying to hide from our attackers.

"Follow me." Odessa said and she lead us to a cliff and jumped down, before going in through a secret tunnel.

"I cannot believe you left the city!" I snapped.

"No, you need to know something Fiore, The Hollow is not dead." Odessa told me.

"Yes, she is." I said back. "I killed her myself."

"You killed her body. Not her spirit." Odessa explained.

"So where is she now?" I asked as we trudged through the tunnels.

"I don't know." Odessa told me. "But you might, think back to when you killed her, did anything strange happen? Was anyone of your bloodline there?"

"No, Grace was at home, and I didn't notice anything strange." I told her. But the more I thought about it, the more I realised what was going on. "She took my blood, but she didn't fight back. She isn't tracking me, I would know."

"What about a link?" Odessa said stopping in her tracks.

"She didn't link herself to me." I said worriedly. "She linked herself to Grace."

I immediately picked up my phone and prayed there would be service here enough for me to get through to Hayley at least.

"Rey?" She said as she answered the call.

"Thank goodness! Hayley, you need to stay away from Grace." I told her.

"The Hollow isn't gone, Fiore." Hayley told me.

"I know, I know." I said as I powered through the tunnel at a faster pace now. "She linked herself to Grace. She knew we wouldn't hurt her."

"I had a hunch." Hayley said worriedly. "What are we gonna do?"

"I don't know yet." I answered. "But I'll be there soon."

"Okay. Be safe."

"We need to get back to New Orleans, right now." I told Odessa.

"No, we can't." Odessa told me. "We cannot win this fight alone. We need help. Special help."

A/N: That's it for this week! I hope you enjoyed! If you did, please vote, comment and follow! Only four more chapters to go! X