Chapter 32: A Cold Wind

Drift and Brite were arranging for their wedding. They decided it was best to hold it at Pleasant Park, near where they first met. They were already designing their own house, rumor had it that private "Creative" islands would be opening up soon in a nearby archipelago, since living on the island was deemed a little dangerous. After all, a depot was crushed by a meteor, a swamp crushed by a desert, and a house lifted out of the water by a cube. Drift was still trying to improve his powers, and research who that figure was that he had seen before. That would all be dropped (temporarily, at least) when the cold wind came.

Drift was walking around near Loot Lake when he found a crying figure near the shards of Kevin. He approached and saw it was someone he knew very well: Dark Bomber. Drift quickly materialized the Rift Edge and whacked her in the back with the chain end before she could react. "Stop, please, stop," She begged, "I won't hurt you, just stop!" Her voice had lost the soul-shattering feel to it. "I... I just want to live, please stop!" Drift kicked Dark and said, "I can't trust you. I'll spare you, but if you cause a ruckus one more time, I will END YOU!! You hear me!?!?" She replied, "yes, j-just stop!" Drift followed up, "good," and rifted away.

Drift and Brite went over to Greasy Grove for some Durr Burgers—only to find out they missed the memo that it was shut down. But when they were there, the temperature started to rapidly drop. They looked at the coast and found a huge iceberg just off the shore on imminent collision course. Some random civilian yelled, "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!" And that's what they did. Pretty soon, a cloud of snow engulfed them. Thankfully, the cloud subsided quickly, and the snow was no more than a foot deep. They were okay, just really cold. Good thing they ran, or they'd be buried in ice.