Chapter 27: The Things She Does...

Drift had been having a lot of intense nightmares lately, ranging from fighting a giant god-eating space worm to hearing echoing words from Dark Bomber, "you're one of them." But then, one night, the nightmares stopped. He woke up that morning to realize Brite had cuddled up with him in his sleep. Had she... was she the reason why the nightmares stopped? Because she cuddled up with him? Drift snuggled with Brits until she woke up. Then, Drift whispered, "Brite?" She responded, "Yeah?" "Did you... did you get in my bed and snuggle me?" Drift replied. There was a pause before Brite said, "I saw you were having nightmares in the middle of the night, and... I decided to snuggle up with you, and... a few moments later, the nightmares seemed to fade away." Drift hugged Brite, saying, "I don't know what it is but there is something about you that always calms me... I swear, you must have, like, healing powers or something." Brite chuckled, "powers or no powers, I still love you. You're my everything." Drift replied, "and you're mine."

——————————————————————————————————————

Author's Note: Hey guys! Pardon the short chapter, I just wanted to let you all know I'm still here and haven't died.